News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 90

Started by Hexjibber, March 21, 2021, 08:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Phase 90 on Fuzzdog board. Wanted to build one of these for ages and despite having made a couple of other more complex phasers (Lovetone Doppelgänger, Small Stone) I've found myself wanting something simpler. It's such a classic phaser sound and nice and minimal so just what I was after and takes up less space on my board!

Decided to give Tayda's UV enclosure printing service a go and I am really impressed with the results I have to say! For the price and how quickly they turn it around plus no minimum order it's really pretty amazing! The artwork required a bit more effort when compared to etching but it was totally worth it IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockola

Looks pretty Spaceman Spiffy.

harryklippton

Hexjibber

Cheers!

jimilee

The one that started it all for me. This is really a fantastic phaser, moddable too. My first phaser, and the first board I ever etched. The UV printing looks great. I need to give that a go, I think.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Mich P

diablochris6

Great build! That enclosure looks great too! I might have to give Tayda a shot soon.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Thewintersoldier

The enclosure us fantastic as is your wiring. What jfets did you go with? I had a lot of 5952s that I was able to get a quad and pair from that I am doing a couple builds with right now.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Hexjibber

Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2021, 01:50:21 PM
The one that started it all for me. This is really a fantastic phaser, moddable too. My first phaser, and the first board I ever etched. The UV printing looks great. I need to give that a go, I think.

Not sure why it's taken me so long to build one tbh, it's exactly what I was after. The Doppelganger is awesome but just realised I don't really need all those bells and whistles, particularly for live stuff so in comparison the P90 is spot on!

Hexjibber

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 21, 2021, 06:57:54 PM
The enclosure us fantastic as is your wiring. What jfets did you go with? I had a lot of 5952s that I was able to get a quad and pair from that I am doing a couple builds with right now.

Thanks! :D The kit came with 2N5457s

Hexjibber

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 21, 2021, 01:55:47 PM
That is glorious!

Quote from: Mich P on March 21, 2021, 02:22:02 PM
Super Clean bravo.

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 21, 2021, 06:14:24 PM
Great build! That enclosure looks great too! I might have to give Tayda a shot soon.

Thanks guys!

destro

That looks fantastic. I need to stop being lazy and get on the tayda uv printing train. I already take the time to do graphics in photoshop and would love not to have to go through the clear-coating hassle.

Bio77

That looks really great, inside and out! 

I just ordered a couple of Tayda UV prints to test out.  Did you use any of the gloss or emboss options?

m-Kresol

wow. at first I thought this was an etched enclosure. Kind of glad it isn't because that would have been too good to be true. anyways, superb build and incredibly clean
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials