News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Hot Fuzz

Started by mcallisterra, August 11, 2014, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

After building a few BYOC pedals I decided I needed to do the small 'graduation' to MadBean! I didn't have any form of fuzz, so I decided to give the Mangler a try. I used a matched 'All-American' pair of germanium transistors from SmallBear and it sounds killer!

I'm hoping some here are fans of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies...

I don't know how some of you wire them so neatly. I think I'm getting there but I still feel like an amateur by comparison!

hairshirt

Great build!  That is fantastic artwork.  I know what you mean about neat wiring, too.  I have the same issue.  Though your wiring here looks great.  I've got some Pastyface boards waiting to be built and currently have two NOS transistor sets that want to be put to use.  Can't wait to build them.  Just need more time - and that's what I wonder about the most... where does everybody get so much time to build these?!?

mcallisterra

Quote from: hairshirt on August 11, 2014, 12:56:48 PM
Great build!  That is fantastic artwork.  I know what you mean about neat wiring, too.  I have the same issue.  Though your wiring here looks great.  I've got some Pastyface boards waiting to be built and currently have two NOS transistor sets that want to be put to use.  Can't wait to build them.  Just need more time - and that's what I wonder about the most... where does everybody get so much time to build these?!?

Thanks!

Yea I know what you mean about the time. I started this one about three months ago haha. I often find I bang out populating the board really quickly, then it stagnates while I do the enclosure and put it all in the box. I should probably do the enclosure first then work on the insides.

I expect this will be my last one for a little while - my wife and I are expecting our first child in the next week or so (or whenever he/she decides I suppose)!

TGP39

Congrats on a great build and a new baby. Just don't wake the baby with that fuzz pedal. It's an acquired taste. :)
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

hairshirt

Congratulations on the new addition to the family!  (And I don't just mean the pedal.)

nick

mcallisterra

GazMX5

Looks great and congratulations! My 4 month old relaxes and sleeps to daddy's fuzzed out excursions, probably because he heard them while in the womb. Hope yours does the same.