News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage (Stand Alone)

Started by tenwatt, November 03, 2011, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

I want to try to put a Road Rage in one of these.  I just want to achieve 18V output.

Four questions...

1.) Would I populate the Road Rage board exactly as described in the "Quadrovibe" instructions to achieve 18V?
2.) How would I wire the output of the Road Rage to a DC jack?
3.) Would I also need a specail power cable to go between the 18V Road Rage jack and whatever I'm going to power with 18V?
4.) Do you think it will fit inside that enclosure?

Not too bright....

madbean

1) Yep!
2) Just run the 18v output and ground to the DC jack. Same as if you were hooking up a 9v input DC. This one just happens to send voltage rather than receive it.
2) Nope. Regular DC connector.
4) Absolutely.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Is this mainly for your quadrovibe?
If you wanted to have more options for your boxes use, you could add another 2 dc jacks, one for -9v and one for a regulated voltage (12v-15). I don't think you'd have any problem fitting a few more jacks.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tenwatt

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 04, 2011, 04:33:28 PM
Is this mainly for your quadrovibe?
If you wanted to have more options for your boxes use, you could add another 2 dc jacks, one for -9v and one for a regulated voltage (12v-15). I don't think you'd have any problem fitting a few more jacks.  :)
No...actually...not at all.  I'm just wanting the 18v to be able to try some of my OD builds at 18v.  I do like the idea of having the additional 9v though.  Would that change the layout of the board?
Not too bright....

bigmufffuzzwizz

Additional 9v or -9v? Either way you wouldn't have to change the layout, just add the needed components. I believe the necessary ones are C1, C4 and C5 to get -9v coming off the pad on the board.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

I have two standalone RR in those size enclosures. I even got a switch in there to switch between 18 and 15 volts. I don't see why you couldnt rig the switch to output 9 or 18 volts from the same output. Mine uses two 5mm DC jacks, a spdt switch and a bezeled dual color LED. Nice tight fit!