News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sqournshellous Zeta

Started by dropanchor812, December 20, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropanchor812

I don't post all that often, but I'm pretty proud of this one.  It's a cave dweller feeding into a GuitarPCB Paramix, with a TH Custom's Reverb hardwired in the second loop.  I used the insert jacks on it just in case I want to use it solely as a blender because I'm primarily a bass player and would use it often.  It's a pretty convoluted contraption for just using a blender, but it looks impressive on stage and thats what's important, right?

I was just going to name it "The Swamp", because it definitely sounds very swampy, but then I added the LFO modulation daughterboard to the dweller (the little etched guy in the bottom left) and thought it sounded kinda spacey.... thus Shquornshellous Zeta.  I could've gone for the more obvious "Dagobah", but... nah. 

Anywho, it sounds awesome, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

My 4 year old really wanted to show me how good he was with a screwdriver...

Hogharry

There's a lot going on in there! Douglas was a real gadget lover and I'm sure he would have approved. Just don't let Marvin have a chat with it... :D

Extra points for a cute photo.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

dropanchor812

Haha, yeah it took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with this.  It was originally going to be just the dweller into te reverb, but then I wanted to be able to alter te mix of the effects.  I just happened to have the Paramix lying around so that's how this happened.  The wiring is pretty messy because I planned it pretty poorly, changing my mind on what I wanted it to do several times.  But it's great now.  And the momentary switch will be a slam switch for the dweller one day.

diablochris6

Looks great. Good choice of circuits and audio pathway that would make it quite a versatile pedal for guitar and bass.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here