News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SS od ( Oshed YATS)

Started by Matt, May 27, 2016, 11:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Oshed tube screamer.  Pre voice selects between different input caps and clipping options. Post voice has 150n caps in the center position. The lower and upper positions add 68n caps in parallel to equal 218n.(close to 220n)  the upper position also adds the flat mids from the FD. Everything went great except for the fact that DPDT on off on switches are taller than standard in on switches. Oops!  So I had to set the 9mm on top of the pcb and solder them instead of pushing them into the pcb. Lesson learned.
Matt

matmosphere

Very nice! Bet it sounds nice too. 16mm pots are the same height as those switches.

Matt

Yeah I was using 9mm pots because the 2p4t switch legs are so short. If I use 16mm pots I have to solder the switch from the pot side. Unfortunately I ended up having to do that anyway. Lol
Matt

midwayfair

Nice one. The input voice selection strikes me as very clever and elegant. :)

Matt

Thanks Jon, I was trying to come up with something a little different and usable.

That reminds me I saw a thread a long time ago where you mentioned connecting the source pins of mosfets together for mosfet clipping. That's what I ended up using for the mosfet voice on this one. Sounds great
Matt

playpunk

Looks great! I don't really understand what's going on with the pre/post switch, could you explain with some more detail?

"my legend grows" - playpunk

Matt

Pre is the 2p4t rotary. It changes clipping and the cap in the negative fdbk loop and the other pole changes the input coupling cap (didn't hear enough of a difference with the different coupling caps so I cut the trace to the diodes in the first mode. Now mode 1 is a boost)
1  22n and no diodes with 51p
2. Adds a cap in parallel(220n) asym diodes
3 22n and mosfets with 51p
4 220n in parallel and LEDs with 100p

Post is a DPDT on/off/on switch. It changes the 2 220n caps in a stock tube screamer. One is after the 1k between opamp stages forming a low pass filter. The other is connected to lug 2 of the tone pot.
So what I did was make the center position 150n caps for both.
Bottom and Top positions add a 68n cap to each 150n
The unused lug is adds the Flat mids mode in the Top position only
Matt