News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright

Started by juansolo, May 10, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvg13

Quote from: juansolo on May 10, 2013, 05:49:55 PM

Stuck the resistors on during the build, so just stuck a LED in as we've got loads. No reason to really. Never planned to have the blinking LED as the Optotron doesn't support it.

That's good to read, wondered if you'd found that the LED somehow subtly affected the LFO in a beneficial fashion

marauder

Quote from: jvg13 on May 10, 2013, 06:00:39 PM
That's good to read, wondered if you'd found that the LED somehow subtly affected the LFO in a beneficial fashion

Will find out tomorrow as mine will be finished, and I haven't bothered with the resistors or LED.
I'll get Juan to bring is round to compare.

jubal81

Badass! Love the style.

Still need to box mine up. Great, great phaser.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

Wow, this is sweet! I was reading about the Keeley phaser yesterday, and it said something about being "the only six-stage OTA-based phaser." Brian just may have beaten them to the punch!

Really beautiful color. Krylon makes something similar called Bahama Breeze if I remember correctly. Earthquaker uses that color on occasion for limited runs.

I had a fairly pristine Bad Stone years back. I stupidly sold it trying to score something high-end (I think Roger Mayer was the fixation at the time). This makes me miss that sound! Would love a demo...

jvg13

jubal81

Only six stage? Keely?

I wants me a Moogerfooger - 6 or 12 stage.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

gingataff

nice take on the original design.

now only if you could straighten up that ceramic cap;D

nah I'm kidding
sweet build.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

Parra

friggin cool, guts and look.

hammerheadmusicman

Looking slick! I have 20+ of those blue pearl boxes kicking about too, so our build are all going to look the same! Stunning colour in the light though!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

juansolo

Quote from: jvg13 on May 10, 2013, 09:00:35 PM
Quote from: marauder on May 10, 2013, 06:07:15 PM

Will find out tomorrow as mine will be finished, and I haven't bothered with the resistors or LED.
I'll get Juan to bring is round to compare.

Cheers!  Only if you've the inclination yourself though man, I can't imagine it'll make any difference...  I'd just wanted to be sure I'd not missed a trick  :D. I got a little caught up in the adjustment/subtle differences of this effect, as I've wanted to get hold of one or build one for a couple of years now.

Look forward to seeing your build, esp after seeing Juan's!   :)

His looks very similar ;) (though silver and he's hidden the wires)

LED and resistors not required.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

Quote from: juansolo on May 10, 2013, 05:49:55 PM

Stuck the resistors on during the build, so just stuck a LED in as we've got loads. No reason to really. Never planned to have the blinking LED as the Optotron doesn't support it.

You know, I've been 'scoping LFOs this week and I've found that adding an LED to the output on some can affect the waveform a bit. I haven't tried it on the Stage Fright, though. Just an interesting find.

juansolo

Oh interesting. They were subtly different, I just put it down to being differently biased. Nothing in it really though.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk