News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Opinions on dual foot switch

Started by stevie1556, November 14, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

I'm getting ready to build and box a booster with a 2nd stage that can be added via a switch, however, I'm feeling adventurous and thinking about rather then using a switch, using a secondary foot switch. However, as the board is only small, I'm thinking of using a 1590B, but have it on its side in landscape view, with the on/off foot switch on the left, and the 2nd stage foot switch on the right. I've had a quick play around, and it will all fit comfortably in the box I think, but will the foot switches be too close together? I've never done a dual foot switch pedal before so I'm not sure if they would be too close or not.

Answers on a postcard please!.......

pickdropper

ZVex has done this a number of times and a lot of folks seem to have no problem with it. 

I think that whether or not it is a problem is in the foot of the beholder.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

stevie1556

Mmm, that's a good point about Zvex. I just didn't want to do a dual foot switch and find that it wasn't ideal in a 1590B.

I'm going to get the board built up later, and possibly get the box drilled if I have enough time. I've got very high hopes for this board!

sturgeo

Sounds like my Naughty Nun pedal, clean most of the time but can get dirty with the mu amp.

Again 2 switches in a 1590B is fine, i tried to get fancy and used a single momentary switch with a ATTiny, single tap for on and off, double tap to engage the mu amp. Preferred the simpler 2 switched version in the end!

sturgeo

If it is the same sort of circuit, a tip is to put the 100k to GND and a trimmer on the 2nd foot switch.
This'll help dial back the volume when the mu amp is engaged.

As a pic is worth a thousand words!