News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'Ghost' mod for Aquaboy DX

Started by DutchMF, April 16, 2013, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Hey guys, in the ABDX docs, on the very last page, Brian mentions a mod with a result resembling the 'Ghost' function of the ZPDX, anybody try this? Sounds like something I'd really like, but not shure if it's going to work.... Any info would be much appreciated!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

I have a production board built up now (prototype didn't have the ghost option). I'll try it out and tell you what I think. It might be awesome, or awesomeful.

DutchMF

Thanks Brian, I'll keep an eye out for your results!

Paul

aballen

I have the wires on mine, I have yet to attach a switch though.  I'll post my results as well.  I need to figure it out before I drill my enclosure.

DutchMF

Hey aballen, thanks for the reply. I guess I could try it out myself, ABDX is finished except for the BBD's... I'm in the process of getting some MN3005's, but if that deal doesn't work out I'll go the MN3008/BL3208 route. So, as I'm awaiting that decision, I'd love to hear your or Beans experiences! If this works, and the ABDX is as good as I think, and I can get my paws on some MN3005's.... I'll have 2 delays on my board, coming from none! (still can't choose between the Multiplex and the Neptune, both have a lot of good sounds!)

Paul

aballen

I'll try to wire it up this weekend.  If I do I'll let you know the results.

aballen

Brian, did you test this out.  I just added th ghost mod to mine and I'm not really hearing anything.

I think I'll just remove it, but I wanted to hear your experience with it first.

DutchMF

Thanks for trying this out, aballen! Anyone else have any info on this?

Paul

aballen

Dutch you should try it.  There are so many combinations of possible configurations for this pedal, I would not say it does not work, just that it did not work for my configuration with the suggested resistors/caps.