News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus

Started by pickdropper, October 12, 2013, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Finally boxed up my build of Bean's fantastic Nautilus board. 

It started to rain when I took these pics, so that is what the little drops are in the pics.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Chtuhlu, always wins. Flawless as usuall  8)

Do I spy a relay switching solution in there?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on October 12, 2013, 04:54:22 PM
Chtuhlu, always wins. Flawless as usuall  8)

Do I spy a relay switching solution in there?

Yep, a relay board lies beneath.  :-)
Function f(x)

croquet hoop

The art is amazing, great choice of knobs too! And the guts are super clean as always.

Looks like everyone is coming up with a solution to get rid of 3PDTs these days ;D Great job on that too.

jubal81

Looks like a relic from some space opera. Effin' awesome.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

That's one angry looking squid! Nice build Dave.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

Damn, dude! You never stop impressing.

hammerheadmusicman

Looks great Dave! Glad you got it finished up! How do you like the circuit?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Ettore_M

As per every time, absolutely awesome, Dave! You know that I'm a huge fan of your builds and only by looking at the build photos, it is a lesson for me of what I can do better next time! But I'll never come even close to your results.  ;)

The relay board is a design of yours? And is that a SMD relay?

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on October 13, 2013, 08:04:19 AM
Looks great Dave! Glad you got it finished up! How do you like the circuit?

As with every envelope filter I've used, I am spending more time than I usually do trying to dial in the sound.  So far, I like it better than the mini one I built, but I don't feel I'm there with it yet.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Ettore_M on October 13, 2013, 10:36:43 AM
As per every time, absolutely awesome, Dave! You know that I'm a huge fan of your builds and only by looking at the build photos, it is a lesson for me of what I can do better next time! But I'll never come even close to your results.  ;)

Hector

Yes Hector, it is a SMT Relay.  Most of the remaining parts are on the bottom of the board.

I did do the board layout, but I didn't write the code for the chip.  One of the Function f(x) guys used to be in charge of chip architecture for one of the major micro-controller manufacturers, so it was pretty easy for him.
Function f(x)

Ettore_M

Quote from: pickdropper on October 14, 2013, 01:50:57 PM
Quote from: Ettore_M on October 13, 2013, 10:36:43 AM

Hector

Yes Hector, it is a SMT Relay.  Most of the remaining parts are on the bottom of the board.

I did do the board layout, but I didn't write the code for the chip.  One of the Function f(x) guys used to be in charge of chip architecture for one of the major micro-controller manufacturers, so it was pretty easy for him.
I see. Nice! It's great to have a member like that on Function f(x), to be responsible for the digital side of pedals! ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

televisiondown

Very cool! So clean...inside and out

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

jimilee

It looks both simple and complex. What are your impressions wise one? I feel the need to make one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on October 15, 2013, 02:22:55 AM
It looks both simple and complex. What are your impressions wise one? I feel the need to make one.

Still figuring it out, Jimi.  I played with it a while today and I am still not sure what settings are right for me.

Now, admittedly, I seem to have a hard time dialing in auto-wahs.  I used to hate them.  I now am opening up to them, but since they are a relatively new venture for me, I haven't found the sweet spot yet.
Function f(x)