News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedals For Ukraine Info and Updates

Started by matmosphere, March 27, 2022, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Hi all, this has been very successful so far! thanks to everyone's generosity we've already raised over $1500 and there is a bidding war right now that will take us well over 2k.

I'm trying to get a hold on what's ready to go, and it's hard to track between here and instagram and email. If you have stuff ready to got please email pedalsforukraine@gmail.com with pics, a demo, and a brief description of the pedal. That way everything will be in one place for me to track.

Thanks so much guys!! It's amazing that you're all making this happen.

storyboardist

Got a shout on on the Guitar Knobs podcast!

Guy behind Effects Layouts

matmosphere

Sorry I have been slow to update this lately. This project has kept me very busy and I haven't been able to hang out here as much as I used to.

At any rate, in addition to all the instagram auctions (~15 so far) we did a big thing over on Reverb.com where a bunch of us built DOD250's and sold them on their for charity. Ended up calling it the PFUKR250 which I borrowed from Bio77's pedal name for the project (simultaneously thanks and I'm sorry about that John). Most have sold now, but you can see pics of them on the instagram page if you are interested. f

All things together so far we've raised over $5000, which is beyond cool.

Huge thanks to anyone who has gotten involved or supported this project. Thank you all!

Bio77

Thanks, Matthew! This has been really cool to be a part of and I'm stoked it's going well.

Also, I stole the PFUKR from benny_profane or storyboardist, if I recall ;D  So, no thanks or apologies needed.

harryklippton

This is so cool. I'm a little bummed to be on the sidelines for the time being but hoping I can pull something off eventually

vizcities

Quote from: harryklippton on May 05, 2022, 02:56:26 PM
This is so cool. I'm a little bummed to be on the sidelines for the time being but hoping I can pull something off eventually

Same! I lost room for my electronics desk when I moved in January, but have been psyched to watch this project bear fruit from the sidelines.

benny_profane

This project and its growth has been incredible. The support from within the community—builds, encouragement, and the continued momentum—and the response from folks buying the pedals has been really impressive. Thank you to everyone!

A huge thank you to Matthew for putting in so much work to organize, promote, and help us come together.

By the way, I have some more stickers available to anyone that would like to send some out with won auctions. Also, did everyone that already requested them receive them by now?

EBK

Quote from: benny_profane on May 05, 2022, 03:14:43 PM
Also, did everyone that already requested them receive them by now?
I still haven't received any.  Was I on your list?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

Quote from: EBK on May 05, 2022, 03:23:41 PM
Also, did everyone that already requested them receive them by now?
I still haven't received any.  Was I on your list?
Yes, I sent them to you a week or two ago. Email me or send me a PM.

peccary

This has been a really awesome thing to participate in.

I am new to this DIY pedal building community and have been amazed by how generous all of you are. With your time, knowledge, money, everything. It really has been something being a small part of this and I want to thank everyone who has contributed in any way. I almost feel kind of guilty that I am getting enjoyment out of this considering the reason it all started. However, it just goes to show what a bunch of random people who want to do a little bit of good can do when they put in some effort towards a goal, and that is always inspiring and makes me hopeful for the future.

And while I hope that the need for this particular use of our skills ends as soon as possible, I am always willing contribute more builds down the line.

NorthCoast

By the way, I have some more stickers available to anyone that would like to send some out with won auctions. Also, did everyone that already requested them receive them by now?

I would love to have a sticker or two as a keepsake if there are enough available.
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

EBK

Those Reverb event pedals sold fast!  The last one is gone now.  I wish Reverb would keep the listings on the page with a "SOLD" banner on them so folks could easily see what type of things we offered up.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

It seems like the Ukraine drive is over at Reverb.  There are no more links to it from the main site.

benny_profane

Quote from: Bio77 on May 05, 2022, 08:25:04 PM
It seems like the Ukraine drive is over at Reverb.  There are no more links to it from the main site.
I'm not seeing anything either. I thought that the campaign was going through the 15th? Matthew mentioned that there are some pending builds.

Quote from: EBK on May 05, 2022, 08:07:55 PM
Those Reverb event pedals sold fast!  The last one is gone now.  I wish Reverb would keep the listings on the page with a "SOLD" banner on them so folks could easily see what type of things we offered up.
Definitely agree with you here.

matmosphere

Quote from: benny_profane on May 05, 2022, 08:39:10 PM
Quote from: Bio77 on May 05, 2022, 08:25:04 PM
I'm not seeing anything either. I thought that the campaign was going through the 15th? Matthew mentioned that there are some pending builds.

Quote from: EBK on May 05, 2022, 08:07:55 PM
Definitely agree with you here.

They are going to the 15th. I have mentioned to them I might add a couple of other things. I think that most if not all of everything they had has sold, which is probably why they took it down.