News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat pants w/o stomp?

Started by mandrewbot3k, February 13, 2014, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandrewbot3k

I'm working on a fatpants build with an Egodriver and a 3pdt toggle to switch pedal order. Wondering if anyone else found it useful to actually have a stomp for the fatpants or if should keep it always on, or just use a toggle.

The only reason I could maybe see is as a boost Ego->FP, but i havent used them yet. Just curious, I know a few guys have done the same combo pedal.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

jimilee

Why would you want a boost always on? Couldn't you just keep the ego driver cranked and use it a a boost instead of having an extra boost in there or is there some extra mojo I don't know about?  :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mandrewbot3k

Seems that most folks that use the Fatpants use it as an 'always on' pedal.

i dont want to put too many switches and what not on if I don't have to :-)
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

mandrewbot3k

Quote from: jimilee on February 13, 2014, 06:12:59 PM
Why would you want a boost always on? Couldn't you just keep the ego driver cranked and use it a a boost instead of having an extra boost in there or is there some extra mojo I don't know about?  :P

And for what it's worth, my vero Timmy is always on :-)

Also the fatpants has 18V out so the ego can run on that for additional headroom.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

jimilee

Oh I see, like a sparkle drive.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.