News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some new builds

Started by juansolo, July 12, 2013, 03:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

It's been a while. Trying to fix my race car and Cleggy having the relatives over has all got in the way of getting much done. Still there's a pair of Doppelgangers to box, a pair of Harbingers and a Bendover fuzz... Getting there! As it is, these were mostly for other people so I had to get my finger out and get these finished.

Simple Compressor
Built on Grind Custom's Rotten Comp PCB to Rothwell specs, it's another Lovesqueeze clone.

PhilG (who lives 400yds from Cleggy in classic 'small world' moment) wanted a plain and simple design, so that's what we have.

Terminator
This is actually a re-decal of a previous build. Lew, who I made the pedal for has got a bit of man-love going on for early Arnie films at the moment, and as such wants him on all his pedals. This is a Colorsound OD (CherryBomb) I did a while back for him.

6th Delay
Yep, and here it continues. It's a film about cloning so it's sort of relevant :) This is his Zero Point SDX.

Little Blue Pill III
Another SHO built on a Grind Customs FX SuperFET PCB (cheers Rej!). This one is to replace Martin's (MJW Apms) mini-SHO mainly because the 1590As aren't that stable when used in anger on stage. Also the stomp has gone a little dicky. It was easier to build a new one in a more stable 1590B enclosure and use our prefered and much more robust Optotron switching solution. The mini will come back and get a new stomp.

BeefHeed
Finally one for me :) Another DAM, this time a Deluxe Meathead clone. I've not gone for the mojo this time, just a nice tight build.

The box is another masterfully coated enclosure from ColesBD.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

gingataff

Love the Vertigo style design on the compressor.
The inside of that Little Blue Pill reminds me of Hannibal Lecktor's cell in Michael Mann's Manhunter.  :o

alanp

I like the meathead's colour scheme and layout :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

This is the M-25 Compact. I just fettled it to make it as small as possible.

Note the cut under the 18k, and we only used the tant because we had one and it fitted easier.

jimilee

Really like the insides of the Zero point. That looks sharp!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

With the ZP, is that a standard on-on DPDT switch? How much of a loss is no shimmer or deep?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on July 13, 2013, 01:14:34 AM
With the ZP, is that a standard on-on DPDT switch? How much of a loss is no shimmer or deep?

Yep just an on-on DPDT. I massively prefer the active analogue and tape filtering to the passive shimmer and deep. To the point that when we did Cleggy's with the rotary I decided I'd never use them so didn't bother with it. Likewise the slam. Fun initially, but not something I'd ever use.

My main problem with the passive filtering is that you can tell it's running PTs on those :) Not an issue, but I have loads of PT based delays that sound like that. On the actives you can't tell unless the delay is maxed.

alanp

Hmmm. I soldered the bloody 3p4t switch on backwards on mine, which means it's a bloody loss, so I think I'll go with how you do things.

And no slam means that I have an excuse to build a second zpsdx :)

It won't be anywhere near as pretty as yours, but you can't have everything.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

Thinking about it I have a ZP mini already and the other ZP still to build. So I'm well covered on the passive filtering anyhow :)

hoodoo

Quality builds as usual mate, they all look great. Curious about the trannie on the SHO, any reason for putting it on the underside of the board, easy access maybe? All the best, Matt.

pickdropper

Beautiful builds as always, John.

Love the guts (or lack thereof) on the SHO.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Quote from: hoodoo on July 13, 2013, 09:17:03 AM
Quality builds as usual mate, they all look great. Curious about the trannie on the SHO, any reason for putting it on the underside of the board, easy access maybe? All the best, Matt.

Easy access in case of poppage. We always protect them now and haven't had one let go since. But we've popped a few that were built using the original SHO layout, so we make it easy to swap a new one in just in case.