News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soldering Made Simple!!

Started by culturejam, March 28, 2016, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

When I use that technique, I like to feed the solder in with my mouth. That keeps my left hand free for cleaning the iron tip. I roll it between my fingers until it looks clean. If that doesn't work, I just swish it around in some water.

dbp512

Quote from: Leevibe on March 29, 2016, 01:23:38 PM
When I use that technique, I like to feed the solder in with my mouth. That keeps my left hand free for cleaning the iron tip. I roll it between my fingers until it looks clean. If that doesn't work, I just swish it around in some water.

I've always heard you're supposed to lick the tip to clean it properly.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

jimilee

I can't stop laughing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: dbp512 on March 29, 2016, 01:34:47 PM
Quote from: Leevibe on March 29, 2016, 01:23:38 PM

I've always heard you're supposed to lick the tip to clean it properly.

...And we have a winner  :D

George

i dont understant  :-\ ....  i hold my soldering iron like this al the time and apart form one or two occasional burns its ok...

dbp512

Quote from: George on March 29, 2016, 02:54:04 PM
i dont understant  :-\ ....  i hold my soldering iron like this al the time and apart form one or two occasional burns its ok...

That just means you're doing it right. Like playing guitar builds up calluses, proper solder technique requires a few minor second degree burns to build up the toughness of the skin.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

gordo

I believe I made sounds that would have made your average sailor/truck-driver blush.  I've used a solder stand from that day forward so the story has a happy ending.  At least from an electronic equipment marketing point of view.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

AntKnee

Besides the obvious hot grip silliness, exactly what is she supposed to be doing? I was not aware that random stabbing with a soldering iron would improve motherboard performance.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

stringsthings

This is just way too funny !  :D
All You Need Is Love

George

Quote from: dbp512 on March 29, 2016, 03:24:31 PM
Quote from: George on March 29, 2016, 02:54:04 PM

That just means you're doing it right. Like playing guitar builds up calluses, proper solder technique requires a few minor second degree burns to build up the toughness of the skin.

this guy gets me  ;D