News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Fish + Schooner = ?

Started by Betty Wont, February 11, 2015, 02:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

...Fish 'n' Boat ?!

This works great. Jubal81's Schooner clean blend switch board and Madbean's Naughty Fish filter. Getting some serious Mike Gordon and OOiOO sounds out of this. Love the Schooner. I want to add it to all of my modulation/filters. I reversed 1 & 3 of the blend pot so that it decreases clean as it's turned up.

nzCdog

sweet build!   that purple wiring is scintilating

Betty Wont

Quote from: nzCdog on February 11, 2015, 08:13:55 PM
sweet build!   that purple wiring is scintilating
barry's best. only ever has purple when i'm buying it though. i love the stuff.

Hogharry

Great idea and a nice build. I think some kind of clean blend or effect level control makes a lot of modulation effects much more useable.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

studiodunn

Nice build. I need some of those blend boards ;)

Betty Wont

I was really only thinking about clean blend applications for bass use but holy crap, i just stuck some fuzz into it at half blend. WOW. having those resonant sweeps next to the fuzz signal is sweet. It also gives modulation more to chew on if placed afterwords.

Betty Wont

Had another idea with this build that I tried with cool results. I don't keep the DOWN range on for very long and I noticed that while playing and using the switch I got a cool effect while going from up to down. So I replaced the range switch with a momentary wired such that it is in up sweep until the momentary is depressed, then it switches to down. release the momentary and it's back to up sweep. Really cool effect to tap the momentary along with a strumming tempo, or hold it down to punch in a different sound.