News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cascadia build

Started by gordo, November 09, 2017, 02:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This one is a no brainer.  I chose to stuff it in a 1590BB and overshot on the jack placement.  It works.  Possibly one of my worst finishing jobs to boot but the photos are kind here.  This is a great pedal so it's not leaving the flock.

A really easy build despite the parts count.  Couple of wires to the jacks and power and you're done.  Bone stock with SB diodes.  Pretty true to everyone else's review: crazy range on the tone controls.  Great sounds over the entire range of the Gain control and really nice response to guitar volume.  My laser printer, an old Brother I've had since early 2000's packed it in on the decal for this one.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jubal81

Wow, you did a really great job with this! Glad you dig it.
Were you able to fit the lid on without filing the lip on it down?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Philthy

how does it sound? can't wait to get into mine

gordo

:-) Nope.  Had to file down the lip.  Worked though!

Love this pedal.  Nicely done on all fronts.
Gordy Power

tcpoint

Nice job.  My parts are in the mail.  Can't wait.

Boba7

Nice job!! I'd love to hear a couple clips of how it sounds! Looks like an amazing pedal. Congrats!!

brejna

Awesomness! If you could share a clip..

Poslano sa mog LG-H502 koristeći Tapatalk

juansolo

Impressive to get it into a 1590BB!

hmmm, I haven't ordered the box for mine yet, I was gonna go 1590XX... I might try and squish it in now... Possibly...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Looks awesome! I love the all-white look. Now, go play Fat Bottom Girls on this thing...seriously, it's really good for that!  :D

gordo

Thanks folks.  I don't know that for the reduced height it's worth diddling around with a BB enclosure but it's all I had.  Had a few moments of silence for the old printer and now it's onto a very cool Brother color laser so I might start moving away from monochrome graphics.  Woohoo!
Gordy Power

Marshall Arts

Great build! Really looking for to build mine as a company for my recently finished Amp (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=26732.0)

Best
Matthias

bcalla

Wow, that's beautiful!  I love this build.

Frank_NH

Nice!  Waiting for my kit as well.  I think I'll get the deeper 1590BBM enclosure from Mammoth for this, along with other parts I need.  What GE diodes did you use? 

gordo

I went with the Smallbear's spec'd in the docs.  Reasonable price and really consistent.
Gordy Power

gordo

Update, small box of fail.

So the pedal made it's debut this morning.  My drives were the Cascadia being fed with a GPCB 4-track fuzz.  Silly good combination.  In fiddling with the knobs I noticed that the Tight switch is now only working on the right hand setting.  Switching to the left drops the output to just barely audible.  Bummer.  So this afternoon I'll crack it open and see what's gone wrong.  Thinking maybe a pin of something shorting to the back of a pot now that it's been knocked around a bit.

If I'm reading the scheme right the switch is the difference between C30/R46/R47 and C29/C31/C32/R45/R48 right?  Unless the switch lost it's mind.

Anyway it's doing exactly what I need it to do: act like a tube amp.  Both it and the Lab Series L5 I'm playing respond well to guitar volume so I spent a few tunes with it on and controlled all my overdrive simply by turning up and down.  Only other stuff used today was VFE Choral Reef and a Nova Delay.  I'll see if I can pull some board tracks to use as examples.  All my stuff is packed away somewhere with our house on the market so recording anything around here would take ages.
Gordy Power