News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush tremolo not passing signal ...

Started by MIM#1, April 27, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIM#1

Ok, I've never had a problem with ANY Madbean pcb build, until now  :'(
My double flush is not passing signal when on,only when off. Both the led/ldr and status led are working and the depth pot is effecting the brightness while the speed pot is effecting the rate of the leds. The footswitch diagram is wired per the layout doc and the in/out jacks are wired correctly. Before I post pics and or readings, could somebody explain the 3pdt wiring on this one? Theres the normal board in/out and input/out put jack connections but what is the 'sw' connection? [Its wired up using the diagram on page 4 of the build doc]

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/DoubleFlush/docs/DoubleFlush.pdf

I've got no solder bridges and the pots are solidly connected. I did sub a 741 ic for the 351 and a tl072 for the tl062 but these should not be related to it passing zero signal when on.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

midwayfair

"sw" connection is the rate LED ground.

Post your voltages for IC1 and/or just probe at pins 1-3 & 5-7. The audio path isn't that complicated, just a pretty standard dual op amp setup.

MIM#1

Thanks Jon! I checked IC 1 and got nothing, which kinda bummed me as I didnt socket it. First thing I found was that the 1n4148 diode was open,so I replaced it.Now my readings on IC 1 are:
pin 1 - 4.74v
pin 2 - 4.72
pin 3 - 2.64
pin 5 - 8.89
pin 6 - 4.77
pin 7 -  4.72
pin 8 - 3.73

Still getting no signal when activated.

MIM#1

IC-2 and 3 are socketed, here are the readings :

IC-2
Pin 1 - .15v
2 - 3.92
3 - 3.98
5 - .1v
6 - 8.79
7 - 3.8
8 - .11

IC-3
pin 1 - 3.9V
2 - 3.86
3 - 3.94
5 - 8.89
6 - 4.0
7 - 3.92
8 - 3.94

sonarchotic

Is that a mod using the cap in the balance pot position?

midwayfair

The 4148 being open wouldn't have hurt anything; it just wouldn't have provided polarity protection.

You must have a solder bridge or unconnected something somewhere. You don't have 9v at pin 8 of ICs 1 and 2, or pin 7 of IC3. IC in particular isn't even connected to power -- pin 8 is grounded. You didn't post Pin4 -- is it actually grounded? Somehow on IC2, you've got different voltages on pins 3 and 5, even though they're connected.

You're going to have to reflow your solder then go through everything checking continuity against the schematic, after you double check all your resistors of course. Check not just that everything's connected how it ought to be but that it's NOT connected to something it should be. This will be tedious, but eventually you'll find the problem. I suggest pulling ICs 2 and 3 until you get signal at IC1 pin 1.

Quote from: sonarchotic on April 28, 2013, 08:41:32 PM

That's a trimpot.

MIM#1

Quote from: sonarchotic on April 28, 2013, 08:41:32 PM

Its a trim pot as I wanted a 3 knob trem.
I'll reflow everything and try again!