Main Menu

Where are you guys buying enclosures?

Started by mark123, February 08, 2016, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dont-tase-me-bro

My last batch came from BLMS.  Worked perfectly
I thought this would save me money.

mark123

BLMS seems to get the top reviews here!  :)  I'm sold, thanks everyone!

flanagan0718

jball85

flanagan0718

thesmokingman

usually mammoth ... I've been meaning to expand but its a crapshoot whether you get powdercoated or painted when you order something that was supposedly "powdercoated"
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

lincolnic

I'm late to the party, but all my enclosures have always come from Pedal Parts Plus.

juansolo

For the UK Peeps, cheapest places for each type:

CamdenBoss RTM5003/13-NAT (1590B-ish) / white - RTM5003/13-WH - CPC
CamdenBoss RTM5004/14-NAT (125B-ish) / white - RTM5004/14-WH - CPC
Hammond 1590A - Rapid
Hammond 1590BB - CPC
Hammond 1590BBLG - Rapid
Hammond 1590XX - Farnell
Hammond 1590XXLG - Farnell
Hammond 1590DD - CPC
Hammond 1590D - Rapid
Hammond 1550G - Rapid
Hammond 1590LB - CPC
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

29palms

cheers Juan, I've dealt with Rapid before but will check out CPC.

I've had a nightmare twice with Farnell, not 'cos of their products, but they deliver through UPS who are utterly shite. Recently it took UPS over 2 weeks and numerous emails to sort out a 'Next Day delivery'.

While I was waiting for them to get their act together I received packages from DPD, DHL, Brian in the USA and Jacob in Canada without any hassle. Even the Tayda order I placed only took 18 days to get here.

Might just be my bad luck but I'd advise UK guys to bear that in mind before ordering, unless you enjoy waiting in all day for nothing a few times.  :o

juansolo

Never had an issue with Farnell or UPS (who I use a lot) so I'd put this down to an anomaly. Which can effect anyone given a Tayda order that came in this week was ordered nearly 6 weeks ago...

CPC are a part of Farnell, but can be cheaper for some stuff. We use them a lot.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

Trying out some Tayda enclosures at the moment, been using Pedalpartsaustralia.com for the most part.

When I want some part quickly I use Chromosphere's diyguitarpedals.com.au . He also stocks lots of the rarer stuff, plus I like his wire.  Usually two days and I've got it.