News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multibuild: "Dragster Drive"

Started by AntKnee, February 15, 2016, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Here's my first multi. Its an Afterlife, SHO, Sunking I, and an Egodriver. I have the Afterlife on a toggle, with the level as an internal trimpot since I'm usually "set and forget" with compressors. Next is a FoSho on an order switching toggle to place it before or after the two drives. The drives are permanently in order Sunking (drive 1) and Egodriver (drive 2). This is my current setup for a project and I was already very familiar with putting them in this order as separate pedals. Its nice to have them all together.
Overall, went smoothly. I really need to get some more metal washers for the stomps. For now I'm using the lock washers that we usually discard. Inside, I had to sand the corner down on one of the 3pdt boards to make it fit. I cut the trace on the bottom, so there is no danger of a short.

The graphic was painted (oil on canvas) by my dad, three days before I was born.

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Manc

Pretty amazing! Love the artwork too

Willybomb

That's awesome. Love the artwork, love the font, love the concept.

How did you do the label?  I wish I could get mine on so straight - once the sticker touches, you either commit, commit and rip it off (usually followed by sanding), or rip it off (sometimes followed by sanding).

AntKnee

Quote from: Willybomb on February 16, 2016, 02:02:44 AM
That's awesome. Love the artwork, love the font, love the concept.

How did you do the label?  I wish I could get mine on so straight - once the sticker touches, you either commit, commit and rip it off (usually followed by sanding), or rip it off (sometimes followed by sanding).

I use inkjet waterslides, seal them with clearcoat, and I use a dab of the papilio decal lubricant when I apply it. Something that helps a lot is to slide the decal off the backing only about 1/4", then line it up on the box and gently hold it in place as you slide the rest of the backing out from under it. This also greatly reduced air bubbles.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".