News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Old School

Started by jjjimi84, January 29, 2021, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here it is, I almost missed this Friday. It is friday, right?! I am understanding more and more Bill Murrays character in groundhog day feels.

Any rate, it is the tremolo that got me interested in tremolos. I remember it being a feature on a pedal I owned but never used it and once I built this I got sucked into a vortex of trem. The painting on this is one of my favorites, my son Dean chose it and I think the simplicity of it made it challenging and alternately wonderful because I taught myself a new technique for doing these types of paintings.

The background is a bunch of paints I mixed together to get this kind of electric tomato magenta color that is really hard to capture. It has silver and red and orange and white all stirred together, never to be replicated every again. Although I did use it on another enclosure.

Thewintersoldier

As a real trem slut, this is awesome Dan! I want you to do a life aquatic themed series, gotta have Klaus on one! This is a cool circuit, but I'm waiting on the pedalpcb harmonic version of the tremulus loon (lune?). That is gonna be a wild ride!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Really really like it. The VFEs are addicting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

This is on the sick as shit scale.  I love this pedal.  I don't get much of a chance to really use a trem but when I saw Joe Bonamassa I was impressed with his trem at the end of notes.  The OS does this in spades and it reminds me that I need to incorporate this into my everyday sounds.  Gets put back onto my live board for Sunday.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Looks awesome!  That electric tomato magenta is magical. 

harryklippton

That enclosure color is unbelievable

cooder

Excellent and this things ounds amazing and is so much fun when you've found the sweet spots for the playing dynamics, on ballads and stuff...
Demo coming soon I take it?
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Thank you all for the kind words, it is a really fun pedal. As for a demo I was using it with my new amp build and was thinking about uaing it for the demo music.

I have been using all of my vfe builds in other pedal demos but haven't really given any of them a proper demo. My thought is why bother when Mike Hermans did it better.

cooder

Fair point on the demo story. Mike Hermans has a great video showing off this one and other Vfe's. Still like yours as they are so DIY focussed.
BigNoise Amplification