News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Mini Mu and other goodies......

Started by jjjimi84, May 21, 2021, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

It is Friday and here is yet another week of VFE Madness, here is my Mini Mu! This guy is drunk as duck and ready to quack yer ass off. I love this pedal envelope filters/auto wahs are my jam and I have a lot of fun with this one. Challenging build like most VFE builds but totally worth the effort and I actually found this easier then the MBP Naughty fish. Now that I say that I wish I would have put them together for some really quacking madness....

Missed opportunity, anyways here is the video and here are the pics.

[youtube width=640]SSgl19Yp4wQ[/youtube]

Here are some other goodies that went out last week or the week before, I cannot remember.

A PedalPCB.com Abyss, a clone of the EQD Univibe, it has a painting of the Loch Ness Monster taking a bubble bath.

Here is a PedalPCB.com Seabed Delay, a clone of the Mad Professor Deep Blue delay with an evil AF Panda

And lastly a AionFX Procyon, a clone of the BJFe Honey Bee. It has a little Luma on it with star bits from Mario Galaxy.

harryklippton

Loved the video. I can't wait to build this one now.  This batch of paintings is really great too, love the abyss!

gordo

Whaddya mean I have to pay for another drink...I'm a duck, dammit, just put it on my bill...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on May 21, 2021, 02:23:58 PM
Whaddya mean I have to pay for another drink...I'm a duck, dammit, just put it on my bill...

Hahhaha, im not drink your drunk now get me another beer.

Aentons

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 21, 2021, 02:55:23 PM
Quote from: gordo on May 21, 2021, 02:23:58 PM

Hahhaha, im not drink your drunk now get me another beer.
...jus put it on my bill. :) Classic

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Kickass!!! I'm really digging EQD pedals, they make noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on May 21, 2021, 03:49:30 PM

Thank you all! Eqd makes some interesting stuff, some of it is really great. This univibe is pretty good, it works well with certain guitars but I feel like for the univibe sounds I like there are better options (harbinger).

madbean

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 21, 2021, 02:09:14 PM
It is Friday and here is yet another week of VFE Madness, here is my Mini Mu! This guy is drunk as duck and ready to quack yer ass off. I love this pedal envelope filters/auto wahs are my jam and I have a lot of fun with this one. Challenging build like most VFE builds but totally worth the effort and I actually found this easier then the MBP Naughty fish. Now that I say that I wish I would have put them together for some really quacking madness....

"Babies are getting made tonight". Holy shit, dude, you are peak quality!
Seriously, the VFEFriday needs more attention/praise. Maybe we could figure out something to highlight these many months of effort on your part.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 22, 2021, 01:09:40 AM

Seriously, the VFEFriday needs more attention/praise. Maybe we could figure out something to highlight these many months of effort on your part.
He sold me a board, that's for sure.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 22, 2021, 12:48:01 AM
Quote from: jimilee on May 21, 2021, 03:49:30 PM

Thank you all! Eqd makes some interesting stuff, some of it is really great. This univibe is pretty good, it works well with certain guitars but I feel like for the univibe sounds I like there are better options (harbinger).
The univibe is the "it" of univibes I believe.

Tell me about your video set up. Your voice quality is fantastic and the camera is sharp, the focus doesn't jump around.

mjg

Very cool. 

I'm so glad to see that it's not just me that has to make the wah noise with my mouth as I use an auto-wah.   ;D

Zerro

Here is Mu Tron III with LFO/hand modulation enhancenment. Enjoy!
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

jjjimi84

I just hope it gets people to build these pedals! I was really nervous to build my first vfe pedals and I hope people like the sounds and talking about them and try them out. It is a great gateway to go from easier builds to more challenging ones.

Jimilee, my setup has evolved quite a bit over the last 8 months. Guitar amp is recorded with a 57/121 about 4" off the grill and then a 47 six feet from that. My phone is pointed towards the pedal on a music stand and my main camera is a canon rebel 3 with a shotgun mic on top pointed at me. The guitar audio gets mixed and mastered and then all of the files get dumped into resolve and edited together. The panels behind me are all absorption panels to keep echo and flutter minimal.

Next Friday is the choral reef and it sounds and looks good. The follow week is the Merman and it is the first video with all of the mics on the cabinet. I actually had 5videos done but the audio was not to my liking so it all got scrapped. After the Merman is the fiery Red horse and then maybe a week off from videos, who knows?

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 22, 2021, 04:56:24 PM

I just hope it gets people to build these pedals! I was really nervous to build my first vfe pedals and I hope people like the sounds and talking about them and try them out. It is a great gateway to go from easier builds to more challenging ones.

Jimilee, my setup has evolved quite a bit over the last 8 months. Guitar amp is recorded with a 57/121 about 4" off the grill and then a 47 six feet from that. My phone is pointed towards the pedal on a music stand and my main camera is a canon rebel 3 with a shotgun mic on top pointed at me. The guitar audio gets mixed and mastered and then all of the files get dumped into resolve and edited together. The panels behind me are all absorption panels to keep echo and flutter minimal.

Next Friday is the choral reef and it sounds and looks good. The follow week is the Merman and it is the first video with all of the mics on the cabinet. I actually had 5videos done but the audio was not to my liking so it all got scrapped. After the Merman is the fiery Red horse and then maybe a week off from videos, who knows?

Long time listener, first time caller....

Old post, but I can do these sorts of things.

Dan, I'm putting together a recording rig, and though you were the guy to bother. How do you get your phone to do the Picture in Picture? How do you manage to mix the guitar audio and video?

-Thanks