News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Minivache and Emerald Ring - Two More 1590As

Started by Jakes Dad, January 25, 2016, 01:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Finished up two more 1590A builds this weekend!  First up is AlanP's Minivache (shared on OSH Park) a stripped down (de-complicated) version of the MadBean La Vache.  Used a 2N3565 trannie and went straight to big red LEDs for the clipping diodes.  Box is a PPP in 24 karat gold (very tiny metalflake) with Small Bear knobs.  Managed to over think installing the trannie the first time out but once in the right way round it became 'where have yo been all my life!'

Guts (could have drilled this one a bit better)

Next up is Guitar PCBs Emerald Ring - Green Ringer - originally built as part of a combo sold as a Purple Platypus.  Really not a huge fan of the Angry Red Camel/Way Huge Red Llama but the Ring works great so I re-boxed it in a PPP translucent emerald green enclusure.  Had to remove the trannie sockets, replace the electro cap with a compact version and adjust the jack location to allow room for the bi-color LED but the rest was a piece of cake.

Gut shot:

Chuck

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Timko

Very nice!  I always admire people with the skill and patience to put things into 1590A's.

I also built one of the Angry Red Camel / Emerald Ring comps a while back.  I ended up replacing the fuzz on my board with a Fuzz Face, but the Emerald Ring will come back along with a U-Boat for some octave craziness.

Drew Hallenbeck

Very nice indeed!
I tried doing a 1590A build a while back. After botching two enclosures, decided to hold off.
Funny how something so small can kick your butt so big!
Seeing this reminds me that I have boards for an Emerald Ring and a Red Camel that have been sitting in a drawer for a while.
I won't be putting either in a 1590A though!
Good job, congrats on the awesome little boxes!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

thesameage

Had not heard of this Minivache before! Loving an electra clone I've got right now, so maybe this is something to build. Have a link to the OSH park page?

Jakes Dad

JR,

About three posts up from your's under his lovely Cohen the Barbarian quote in Alan's signature is a link to his shared project boards on Osh Park.

Chuck

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website