News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Enclosure Finish Question

Started by kinski, March 29, 2011, 02:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinski

Hi all,

Going to be building a Pork Barrel and some other things as soon as the parts arrive.

For this run, i'd like to finish the pedals using paint markers and then seal it off with some Acrylic Clear Coat to give it a hand-drawn look.

My question is, which kind of paint marker should I use if I will be sealing with Acrylic Clear Coat? Acrylic, Oil, Water? Or does it not matter?

For example, I like the look of the pedal in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTxvS8-vVs

Thanks!

Myramyd

It doesn't matter which type you use but, I would primer the enclosure first. Then use the markers that are compatible with that primer and clear coat. Just to be safe I would stick with all oil or all acrylic (primer, marker, clear coat). Doesn't matter which one.

J

kinski

Great, thanks. What is the benefit of using a primer?

gtr2

Priming ensures better adhesion of paint to the surface.

You didn't say whether you were using a powdercoated enclosure to start or an unfinished enclosure.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

kinski

Cool. I was going to order unpainted enclosures, but I just switched it to powdercoated from PedalPartsPlus. I'll just use that as the primer then and paint right on top. Thats cool, right?