News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two Channel Amp Footswitch

Started by Hexjibber, January 03, 2015, 03:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Hi guys,

Just a request for help, I've just bought an Egnater Rebel 30 but it has no footswitch, seems like it would be simple to make one but I can't find a wiring diagram, can anyone help me out?

Ideally I'd be looking for a switch to change between amp channels with bi-colour LED and another that selects reverb on or off.

From looking at the original Egnater one it seems to be a simple TRS jack switch so same as the simple Marshall or Fender footswitches.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Graham

oldhousescott

I don't think you'll be able to do a bi-color LED, but you can certainly do a regular LED for channel select and reverb. Looking at the schematic, the channel select and reverb inputs are pulled high at logic gates through resistors and each footswitch shorts the input to ground. The logic gates are running at 12vdc, so I'm guessing the LEDs will want to be in series with the switches -- anode toward the tip or ring, cathode toward the (shared) sleeve.

Hexjibber

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

I've found a wiring layout for a Peavey 2 button footswitch, from what you're saying it sounds like it should work the same?

Just wondering if I can adapt this layout to use a bicolour LED?