News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

q VIBE without Trem? Different lamp?

Started by Haberdasher, July 29, 2011, 03:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Hey all, I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me with-

I'm going to build a qvibe one of these days and then box it up with my double flush circuit and maybe a pork barrel as well.  As such I won't be needing the trem portion of the qvibe.

1) From the schematic it looks like I can just leave off t1, sw1 and r5 and maybe that will be right.  What happens between Q2 and the ldr in all this has me a little puzzled though.  It seems like I'd have to jumper somewhere but I'm not sure.

Can somebody give me a hand with that?

2) I already have a few of 7371 lamps here and I'll have the room inside the 1590dd to use one.  I think the 7371 is rated at 12 or 14v.  Would I still want to run at 18v?

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stecykmi

1. seems right to me. i'm not exactly sure how it works myself, but you'll need to jumper the switches.

2. probably not, 18v will burn it or greatly reduce the lifespan, i'd imagine.

Haberdasher

Thanks Misha

I have tried to study it some more now, and I think only S1 to S2 needs to be jumper'd, which unfortunately is not the shortest run.  S6 goes to T1 and S3 is in the ground pour.  I'm guessing I don't need S3, hopefully that's right...

I got a couple of 12v regulators from Tayda on a previous order.  I guess I'll use a road rage with one of those.  Hopefully that does the trick for the 7371 lamp.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Haberdasher

Any chance a tayda ldr would work in the quadrovibe?  I have about a dozen I could choose from.  If there was a specific resistance to shoot for I could measure each one out in the sunlight this afternoon.  I think it's only supposed to get up to 107 degrees today.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

stecykmi

a 12V regulator should do the trick.

i think the LDR is supposed to be rated at 5-10k light to 20M dark. that said, most any ldr should work, you'll need to tweak the lamp brightness trimpot to get the best sound anyway.

irmcdermott

Did you ever have any luck with building with just the Vibe? I think I would like to do that as well with mine. What did you end up doing?

madbean

Tayda photocell will be fine. If you only want the vibrato portion then leave off T1 and the switch, jumper A2 to A1. That's vibe only.

The switch popping on going between trem and vibe is a problem to which I will get a solution ASAP. When I tested mine out (first on the BB through my AC4) I honestly did not notice it. However, plugged through my AC15 I have the same issue. It could just be a matter of tying off the free pins on the switch or using some kind of pop filter. I'll work on it as soon as I can.

irmcdermott

irmcdermott

OK... so I did what Brian suggested above, but now my lamp isn't pulsing.

I'm guessing that A1 and A2 is S1/5, and S2, correct?

Thoughts?

irmcdermott

Nevermind... it pulses when I touch lugs 1 & 1 on the C100K... let me check that out. Sorry for jumping the gun on the asking for help.