News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Micro into Smoothie - can you phase just the repeats?

Started by mcallisterra, July 10, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Pad 3 of the mix pot pads on the PCB to panner input and panner output to lug 3 of the mix pot.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

mcallisterra

Quote from: timbo_93631 on July 12, 2014, 02:58:06 PM
Pad 3 of the mix pot pads on the PCB to panner input and panner output to lug 3 of the mix pot.

Excellent. Thanks so much for all your help!

mcallisterra

I thought of another question about this idea:

Would the output from the JMK panner, being fed from the Mix pot, send out *only* the wet signal, i.e. not the very first note played? Ideally, in a two amp setup, I'd like to hear the first note only in the first amp, and then the second amp 'come alive' with the first repeat, if that makes sense.

kothoma

The played note IS the dry signal, isn't it?
The wet signal (at the mix pot) has delayed notes only.

mcallisterra

Quote from: kothoma on July 15, 2014, 05:14:32 AM
The played note IS the dry signal, isn't it?
The wet signal (at the mix pot) has delayed notes only.

That's what I figured, just wanted to double check with you more knowledgeable folk. Thanks!  :D

kothoma

mcallisterra

Quote from: timbo_93631 on July 12, 2014, 01:39:42 PM
you can just use the panner send as a line out, where it would just be a splitter.  If you have the blend control past noon on the loop side then you will have a reduction in volume of the repeats.

So I'm getting ready to do this build and have another question about the above: Wouldn't the 'blend' pot of the JMK Panner and the Mix pot of the delay essentially be doing the same thing - adjusting the volume of the repeats? If that's the case, is there a way to just fix the volume of the Panner so that only the Mix pot of the delay controls that? Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Thanks!