News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Zirconia

Started by juansolo, February 04, 2017, 07:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Lectric FX Zirconia. Much like the others. Comp pot wired backwards so it works forwards, deleted the switch, running at 18V on a charge pump (though not in the pic, because I'd forgotten it at that point, I put it in today).

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

playpunk

I was going to ask where you hid the charge pump you wizard. Fantastic as always.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

m-Kresol

I have never noticed the comp pot working backwards. ??? last time you mentioned it, I actually maxed out the pot in both positions and still thought that it was correct as is. maybe I'm just not getting it.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

darrenw6000

Where do you get them red switches from (high cut) and what are they called

m-Kresol

Quote from: darrenw6000 on February 04, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
Where do you get them red switches from (high cut) and what are they called

those are DIP switches and you can get them at almost every supplier
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 04, 2017, 08:37:17 PM
I have never noticed the comp pot working backwards. ??? last time you mentioned it, I actually maxed out the pot in both positions and still thought that it was correct as is. maybe I'm just not getting it.

As standard you get more compression as you turn counter-clockwise vs the opposite if you flip around pins 1 & 3.

Maybe it's the way I build them...  :o

juansolo

Quote from: playpunk on February 04, 2017, 08:30:50 PM
I was going to ask where you hid the charge pump you wizard. Fantastic as always.

Oh you still can't see it, it's stuck on the underside of the board in the middle as there's a lot of stand-off between the board and the pots. :D

brucer

Gorgeous build as always John.  At first I thought you'd only placed the boards in the enclosure.  Incredibly tidy work.

Have you ever built up the Zirconia for bass?  If you have, any impressions from playing them both? 

Also, what are you using for decal paper?  If I recall correctly, your enclosures are all envirotex over laser-printed decals?  They always look so amazing that I'm considering trying same.

jimilee

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bluescage

juansolo

Quote from: brucer on February 05, 2017, 12:04:32 AM
Gorgeous build as always John.  At first I thought you'd only placed the boards in the enclosure.  Incredibly tidy work.

Cheers!

Quote from: brucer on February 05, 2017, 12:04:32 AMHave you ever built up the Zirconia for bass?  If you have, any impressions from playing them both? 

Yes, it works staggeringly well and I highly recommend it. Again I'll add the proviso that we always run it at 18v as we can have trouble with high output pickups at 9v. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=23724.msg232319#msg232319

Quote from: brucer on February 05, 2017, 12:04:32 AMAlso, what are you using for decal paper?  If I recall correctly, your enclosures are all envirotex over laser-printed decals?  They always look so amazing that I'm considering trying same.

They're actually adhesive transparent decal paper for ink-jet printers. But they make it for lasers too. You've just got to suck it and see on local suppliers though as some work well and some don't. I keep having to change supplier as they either stop stocking them or change the maker of it and it doesn't work well any more. When I find stuff that works, I buy enough to last me a couple of years ;) Oh and we only envirotex the tops. There's a tutorial on our site below.

czapa tranzystor 2

How You have employed transistors ?

Boba7

No piece of wire in sight... wow

As always, its beautiful. Your builds are always recognizable at first sight, which is so cool.

jubal81

Fit like a glove! Beautiful work, bud.

It's so perfect, then you see the V+ and G pads are flipped ...

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Doesn't look like that now as it's running the charge pump... Still, my ocd shares your disappointment :)