News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3D Printed Jig and Nuts

Started by fair.child, January 12, 2019, 06:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Folks,

Kicking off strong in 2019, I've been planning to do the VFE Jig and some tightening nuts for a while. I have tons of problems ruining my waterslide artwork or any kind of pedal artwork, sometimes the paint itself during assembly. Tightening the nuts with pliers/socket/wire cutter mostly was my method of choice of tightening. As results, most of the time I ruin the surface artwork.

So, I 3d printed PLA nuts. 5 of them and just about right to tighten pots, jacks, DC, and switches (small lugs, 3DPT, and so on).

Also, I created 3 different versions of the VFE drilling template. Sometimes, I can't get precision drilling from the paper so I decided just to make one 3d print jig for VFE projects. I am still printing the second template when I'm writing this. Here's the first template I created.

I hope there's enough interest in whatever I'm building with the 3D printer.

gtr2

Cool!

I have a few jigs I designed in Fusion360 and 3D printed to aid in assembly work for holding pots and switches in place.  They make me much more productive.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

fair.child

Oh wow, mind to share the design/ pictures? Sounds like very cool project

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Very slick.  I'm really trying to avoid getting a printer but you guys are making it really tough.

Plus I've been keeping myself busy sorting JFETs with the VFE test board you sent me :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fair.child

Trust me, it's addicting. Ive had been waiting Prusa for 5 years til I bought Mk3 last year. So far, I'm happy with the performance. For an entry level, it does the job what I need it for.

I didn't see much development on 3d printing pedal related. I hope 2019 will change it. I mean we can start with some jigs and tightener.

Plus I'm planning sell this within next week. 10 bucks maybe?

fair.child

timbo_93631

I am absolutely dying for 3d printed WRHB bobbins...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

fair.child

Quote from: timbo_93631 on January 13, 2019, 09:33:12 PM
I am absolutely dying for 3d printed WRHB bobbins...

That's absolutely great idea. So, 3d printed bobbins?