News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Super Sound Bounce (Moodring)

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, January 25, 2016, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

This was my first (completed and boxed) build. My daughter did pretty much all of the alcohol inks on this one. She also helped bend component leads and populate the board. We've been at this for a little while now and we're having a blast together. I'm just finally getting around to posting some builds. (and getting my post count back up after having to re-create my account) Oh well, stuff happens.
I absolutely love this place and have learned so much already. I'm looking forward to contributing to this awesome community.

It's a Madbean Moodring reverb. It sounds real good but I think If I were to do another one I'd probably leave out the dry kill switch. Cool idea but not a feature I'll get any use out of.
If I were running it with a stereo rig however......could get some cool sounds that way I bet.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

That's very very cool. I love building with my daughter also. We built an EM drive on vero and she soldered everything herself (there strongly 3 or 4 parts I think) anyway, best feeling in the world. Practical? Because it's there is the only reason you need. Enjoy, I can't wait to see what you two build next.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Drew Hallenbeck

Yeah, it's been pretty awesome seeing her get excited about it. She's always talking to my wife about resistors, capacitors, LED's..... It's cute and she is starting to learn a little about all this stuff.
We did a little breadboard project to show her how resistors work. We used a few different values with some LED's and a 9v battery.
About a week ago we were working on a Slow Loris build and she decided that she'd like to try soldering for the first time. I helped her with a couple joints then she did a few on her own.
I'm one proud daddy!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.