News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vertex Effects After the Axis Wah Scandal: Article

Started by selfdestroyer, September 18, 2016, 09:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

One thing is certain:  this will cause the value of a genuine Vertex Axis Wah skyrocket, because many have been refunded/returned. Publicity + rarity = demand and $$$. I can't even find one for sale to compare.

pickdropper

Quote from: lars on September 20, 2016, 02:52:41 AM
One thing is certain:  this will cause the value of a genuine Vertex Axis Wah skyrocket, because many have been refunded/returned. Publicity + rarity = demand and $$$. I can't even find one for sale to compare.

Just buy a BBE Wah.  Same thing.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Aristatertotle

Quote from: pickdropper on September 20, 2016, 03:01:24 AM

Buy a bbe wah, mod it to look like a vertex wah, sell them as an authentic vertex wah, have someone point it out, "oops my bad", reverb article, become internet famous for plagiarizing a plagiarist, profit.  ;)

Stomptown

Quote from: Aristatertotle on September 20, 2016, 03:16:02 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 20, 2016, 03:01:24 AM

Buy a bbe wah, mod it to look like a vertex wah, sell them as an authentic vertex wah, have someone point it out, "oops my bad", reverb article, become internet famous for plagiarizing a plagiarist, profit.  ;)

Brilliant!

flanagan0718

The thing I can't seem to get past is the fact that he knew it was wrong, and he would eventually get caught. If you know it's wrong, and you know you're gonna get caught, why bother. I get that it takes a big man to admit fault and apologize but "Hey everyone, It did this terrible thing and at the time I knew it was wrong but did it anyways, so I'm sorry now" doesn't really sound like an apology to me. It sounds like he's sorry he got caught.

Yes he refunded customers the money. He also said that he sold some of his personal gear to do so. But who knows where the money came from so he could buy that personal gear in the first place. possibly from the margin he made of the Wah pedals (i'm just speculating of course). But I feel like he probably got some legal advice and they said "do what you can to keep it out of court". Which was good advice other wise he would be bankrupt and would have lost A LOT more. IDK I certainly wouldn't trust him.

raulduke

I notice he didn't see the error of his ways and 'fess up. Nah he was caught and then coughed up an apology.

There is a significant difference IMO.

I don't see any reason for throwing more $$ in this guys direction.There are plenty of reputable pedal manufacturers out there making great pedals, truly handmade (not on a production line like the photos suggest), for less money.

Muadzin

Quote from: gordo on September 19, 2016, 11:01:21 PM
My 2 ohms, Jimi you crack me up.  I'm still on the fence as to if this isn't just great marketing/sales or if this whole thing is legit.  The bottom line though is if ANYBODY that is buying a $350 wah, and really loves the sound of it....doesn't that in itself make it legit?  Fools and money and all that but if you were happy with the pedal, what part of the fact that you were scammed makes you less happy with the pedal?

For some people the fact that it costs $350 is what makes it special. Even more if it comes with certain bragging rights. Look at my expensive stuff, ye peons! Tremble and despair! That does tend to make such persons a snob though. And how can you drop $350 on a pedal, know its just a rebranded rehoused product sold as something completely new, know you could have had the original for half the price and not be pissed about it? It would make me very less happy about such a pedal.

As has been said the guy is not sorry that he did it, just that he got caught. Which is stupid as these things always come out! Too many people, too many places like FSB that love to open up things and see what's inside. It lessens my opinion of Robben Ford that he keeps on endorsing this cheater. It also shows the power of eating humble pie and doing a full apology. People seem to love a reformed sinner. Well, at least plenty of them.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

thesmokingman

what's the over/under on reverb  asking pointed questions of JHS?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX