News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just Another Sea Urchin

Started by Ettore_M, June 17, 2012, 09:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

I'm really happy to present my "FINALLY" finished build! My Sea Urchin! :D

I've finished this thing like 4 or 5 months now. I've played with it hours and gigged it too. What a great pedal it is! And with the pulldown resistorBut I didn't get to etch its nameplate, until yesterday! So here it is, finally finished  ;D :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57f9q00pyge58p9/qK3F1a6kLT#/

Hope you like it! Feel free to post your comments!  ;)

P.S.: As you will see in the photos, the clear finish is like wavy. Don't know how this happened. Maybe it was the cold of February.  ???
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

monkeyssj1

i really like it. it's a beautiful pedal

njkke

Cool! I wolud give a try to the copper plate too...
How much is the max delay? 450 ms?

Ettore_M

Quote from: monkeyssj1 on June 17, 2012, 09:16:07 AM
i really like it. it's a beautiful pedal
Thanks, monkeyssj1! I'm glad you like it!
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Ettore_M

Quote from: njkke on June 17, 2012, 03:11:29 PM
Cool! I wolud give a try to the copper plate too...
How much is the max delay? 450 ms?
Yes, the copper plate is kind of cool! It definitely worths a try! Firstly, I was inspired by madbean himself and some others here on the forum, but I couldn't seem to find these coloured pcbs (black, blue, red, you know what I'm talking about..). So I tried the usual ones. They do the job just fine, but they are not as good as the coloured ones. Next time I might try to etch actual copper or allumiium nameplate.  ;)

As for the the max delay time, I really don't know. I guess the same as the other PT2399 delays (Rebote, Echo Base). I think it's something like 600 or 700 ms.  :-\
- Culturejam

njkke

Woooooooooooo 650??? Wooooooooooo ok, where's my pt2399??? 

nzCdog

nice build... I like the etch :)

Ettore_M

Quote from: njkke on June 17, 2012, 08:23:06 PM
Woooooooooooo 650??? Wooooooooooo ok, where's my pt2399??? 
Sorry for the late reply. I think 600 ms is about right. And in my Sea Urchin, it doesn't bother me that it's a little more noisy in "bigger times". You can reduce a little the Mix knob and lose some noise.. You can avoid all this with two PT2399s for bigger times!
- Culturejam

Ettore_M

Quote from: nzCdog on June 17, 2012, 09:22:56 PM
nice build... I like the etch :)
Thanks a lot, Corey! But really the etch was not as detailed as I really wanted it to be, because I went to a photocopy shop to get my transfers printed, as I don't have a laser printer, and they didn't print them at high quality...
- Culturejam