Main Menu

Dec. Release schedule!

Started by madbean, December 02, 2021, 01:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: benny_profane on December 02, 2021, 10:31:18 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 02, 2021, 09:48:20 PM
Quote from: benny_profane on December 02, 2021, 08:42:18 PM
Looks like a good crew will be joining the ranks! Stoked to see what weirdness you have in store for the Scrambler.

Was the HM-2 a fever dream that got out of hand, or do you think that's still in the works?

Homey don't play...

I can't believe you got that version fabbed. That's beyond incredible. I'd still like to see a sane version, but that's absolutely amazing.

Edit: Hope many DRC errors did you get? I can only imagine what the build doc for this will look like.

No DRC errors because I'm the go**am madbean!

benny_profane

Quote from: madbean on December 02, 2021, 10:51:36 PM
Quote from: benny_profane on December 02, 2021, 10:31:18 PM
Looks like a good crew will be joining the ranks! Stoked to see what weirdness you have in store for the Scrambler.

Was the HM-2 a fever dream that got out of hand, or do you think that's still in the works?

Homey don't play...

I can't believe you got that version fabbed. That's beyond incredible. I'd still like to see a sane version, but that's absolutely amazing.

Edit: Hope many DRC errors did you get? I can only imagine what the build doc for this will look like.

No DRC errors because I'm the go**am madbean!

If there was any question: The BEAN IS BACK! Also, when did you move to Gotham?

gordo

I just sold a guitar (I'm downsizing...) so bring it on!!  Expect a wallet crushing order on my part.  I just can't help myself.

You could sneak in some build docs though...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Gearomatic

Homey don't play...

This is both Amusing and making me uneasy, haha

madbean

Quote from: Gearomatic on December 03, 2021, 02:48:36 PM
This is both Amusing and making me uneasy, haha

I briefly considered going even more demented but realized it was going to take too much time to do what I wanted:

Include two preset modes where -
1st mode: You could save a preset for all four knobs but when activated it would randomly switch their positions every 30 seconds.
2nd mode: It would randomly select the four knob positions then lock you out from making changes for 5 minutes.

Really, I'm probably the only person who would want to build such a thing, haha. I think it could be done with digital pots and a PIC or something but it's a bit above my pay-grade for now.

Thewintersoldier

It's a Christmas Miracle! I'm looking forward to this, so many great builds. My January is shot lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on December 03, 2021, 12:29:01 AM
I just sold a guitar (I'm downsizing...) so bring it on!!  Expect a wallet crushing order on my part.  I just can't help myself.

You could sneak in some build docs though...

I should have 5 or 6 docs posted tomorrow and the rest will trickle out this week. The Worm and Polyphase will probably be last since they are the most complicated. It's turning into a lot of work but I'm having lots of fun seeing these come together finally.

gordo

Just hit Paypal on a Mouser order so I'd assume I'll see some docs any second now.  Actually for someone that keeps threatening to throttle back on builds I seem to be in a bit of a frenzy lately and should be freshly stocked by the end of the week.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on December 07, 2021, 04:43:15 PM
Just hit Paypal on a Mouser order so I'd assume I'll see some docs any second now.  Actually for someone that keeps threatening to throttle back on builds I seem to be in a bit of a frenzy lately and should be freshly stocked by the end of the week.
Who you telling? I just got a bunch of various boards and another delivery from JLCPCB. I may never catch up or go broke trying. Hell, I just finished the last board I etched over the summer. It's a good time to be a pedal builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on December 07, 2021, 05:15:35 PM
Who you telling? I just got a bunch of various boards and another delivery from JLCPCB. I may never catch up or go broke trying. Hell, I just finished the last board I etched over the summer. It's a good time to be a pedal builder.

I can relate. I think I'm up to 25 prototypes waiting to be built. I'm setting aside all of January to get caught up.

Anyway, 5 project docs have been uploaded for the Dec. releases. Two more tomorrow.

Tremster

Will the Fuzzy Britches become a regular PCB after the current giveaway?

madbean

Well we had a big god##m tornado rip through middle TN last night and we've been without power for going on 24 hours. Not sure when things will be back to normal, but most likely I'll need to dial back the number of releases to the  meet the deadline. I'm thankful we suffered no damage! A number of folks in our neighborhood were not as lucky.

Thewintersoldier

glad you guys are all ok, the projects will drop when they drop. Stay safe Brian!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on December 12, 2021, 01:24:26 AM
Well we had a big god##m tornado rip through middle TN last night and we've been without power for going on 24 hours. Not sure when things will be back to normal, but most likely I'll need to dial back the number of releases to the  meet the deadline. I'm thankful we suffered no damage! A number of folks in our neighborhood were not as lucky.
Holy crap man, I'm glad your family is safe. I didn't realize they can that close. I guess it was all eclipsed by the Kentucky damage.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on December 12, 2021, 03:17:10 AM
Quote from: madbean on December 12, 2021, 01:24:26 AM
Holy crap man, I'm glad your family is safe. I didn't realize they can that close. I guess it was all eclipsed by the Kentucky damage.

Yeah we got lucky. Just a few blocks over and some big trees came down. Some streets closed and some homes damaged. Luckily we got power back this morning. Good thing, too, because it 54F in the house when I woke up this morning!