News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Marshall Bluesbreaker or Guv'nor

Started by Gyrofist, February 14, 2011, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gyrofist

Hey,
I was wondering if by any chance you would consider adding a Marshall Bluesbreaker or Guv'nor Clone to your line-up. I especially like the newer Bluesbreaker II that Marshall has out now, with both Overdrive and Boost settings.
Just an idea, do with it what you want.

jkokura

Hey, not to derail the thread too much, but if you weren't aware - the KOT is a bluesbreaker clone. There are madbean projects for both a double bluesbreaker (KOT clone) called the Aristocrat, and a single pedal version of the same circuit. It has a switch system that allows you to change the levels of clipping/the types of clipping that works essentially the same as the 'overdrive/distortion' switch in the new Bluesbreaker II pedals Marshall puts out.

However, I think it would be cool to see the Marshall Shredmaster. I don't think I've seen a project for that kind of pedal out there. It's been used by what's his face from Radiohead, and that guy from My Bloody Valentine, not to mention that guy who did the thing in the video back that one time. Anyway, my two pennies.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stevewire

I own a Marshall Bluesbreaker II.  Modified it to Brian Wampler's pedal mod book specs.  I built one of the General Guitar Gadgets Bluesbreaker kits. I upped the value of the last capacitor for more low end.  I have been trying to knock the GGG build off my pedalboard for some time.  I have recently built the Aristocrat (King of Tone/dual modified Bluesbreaker I).  I am waiting on some capacitors to try some different values to get it similar to my GGG BB sound.  

If the GGG BB kit is anything like the original Marshall Bluesbreaker, IMO it is way better the current Bluesbreaker II.  

BYOC makes a kit called the Shredder, which I believe is the circuit from the Marshall Shredmaster.  General Guitar Gadgets makes a kit for the Guv'nor.  I built the Guv'nor and felt it was kind of weak.  I modifed the Guv'nor II and feel it's too muddy and inarticulate...at least for my set up.  Les Paul > AC30.

I have not seen anyone examining or doing anything with the original Marshall Drive Master.

I would say the best options for the Bluesbreaker are the Aristocrat and GGG kit.

Gyrofist

Quote from: jkokura on February 14, 2011, 07:57:44 PM
Hey, not to derail the thread too much, but if you weren't aware - the KOT is a bluesbreaker clone. There are madbean projects for both a double bluesbreaker (KOT clone) called the Aristocrat, and a single pedal version of the same circuit. It has a switch system that allows you to change the levels of clipping/the types of clipping that works essentially the same as the 'overdrive/distortion' switch in the new Bluesbreaker II pedals Marshall puts out.

Ah, didn't even see that. I'll have to give it a look-over then once I'm deciding on a second pedal to build (I'm a newb, only starting my first build this week...well, once the parts get here).