News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My last few builds. I'm new here and I don't think I've shown much

Started by ThePastRecedes, July 18, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: jtn191 on July 23, 2013, 03:00:37 PM
All great builds! How's the sound on the 18v muff? More headroom? Did you have to beef up any other parts?
I didn't really beef up any parts I just watched the components to make sure that the voltage rating would be fine.

It adds a lot of volume to the muff. You can have the sustain really low and still get above unity volume which is really nice b/c you can get a nice less distorted muff sound. It's interesting. It felt like it added a lot of low end too but that could just be the increase in volume and by bass heavy amp.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

DutchMF

I'd buy that 18V Muff in your OP in a heartbeat, amazing! Might be my favorite Muff so far....  ;D

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

ch1naski

That is a beautiful muff.
one louder.

rosettastoned

is there any real diference 18v or 9v? if it so,  could you explain?.

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: rosettastoned on July 24, 2013, 12:21:29 AM
Not a huge difference tbh but I liked running it at 18 volts. I build the silver 18 volt muff 1st and then somebody asked me to build another (EHX style red and black decal one).

The pedal had a voltage sag and that is what I used to tell the difference between the voltages. At 9 volts it was quieter and more distorted and at 18volts its was also a little cleaner and I felt there was a little bit more bass. I don't understand how the bass bit works out since the filtering did not changed when I used the voltage sag.

Just try it! It's $7 worth of parts & PCBs. I've got a vintage V6 muff enclosure and I'm tempted to build one of these but I don't want to drill any holes since the enclosure is in such great shape.

Thanks!
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

GhostofJohnToad

Very nice builds?  Great looks. You have certainly been busy.

I'm curious about the Nose Pedal you mentioned for syncing the tap tempos.  Does it work well?  I think that may be the answer I'm looking for for syncing my Digitech looper and Timebender.   I wonder how hard it would be to build one...

rosettastoned

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on July 24, 2013, 02:51:40 AM
Very nice builds?  Great looks. You have certainly been busy.

I'm curious about the Nose Pedal you mentioned for syncing the tap tempos.  Does it work well?  I think that may be the answer I'm looking for for syncing my Digitech looper and Timebender.   I wonder how hard it would be to build one...
It works well. I should have really built it myself it's not that complicated just like a normal tap tempo switch. Use this switch and wire it to 3 jacks.

Thanks!

edit: I just google for a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7DkXJt24hI you may be interested.

timbo_93631

I'm happy to see you over here!  selfdestroyer from OSG is also a regular here.  Madbean's is best for learning about pedals, OSG is for best for learning about guitars and has the great non-guitar banter/Murph.  Welcome!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

fendman

Welcome to the forum

Great pedals , the nose tap tempo was interesting as well.

Thanks
Mike