News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Muff Pi Ram's Head 'extra creepy'

Started by sonarchotic, May 30, 2013, 02:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

This is a GGG Big Muff Pi Ram's Head. Great sounding circuit and I found this great pic of a Jacob's ram skull. Hidden LED for extra creep!

jimilee

Totally jealous! Enviro on the top? That is one smooth pedal,if you never even play it, it is just awesome.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

That high gloss makes it look sooooo creepy.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

billstein

Great pedal! I was wondering the same thing Jimi was. Is that coated with Envirotex?

selfdestroyer

Looks great. I have a huge soft spot for BMP's.. I think I have built more than any other pedal since I started.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

nzCdog

angrykoko

I love it!!!
Great looking pedal, love the way it looks.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

alanp

Cleggy, a challenger has appeared!

The only way it could be creepier would be to have half a sheep's head. We have a machine at work that splits skinned sheeps heads in half (for the brain), and they look creepier than just a skull.

Extremely impressed at how shiiiiiny it is! I think I need to build another BMP.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

sonarchotic

Quote from: jimilee on May 30, 2013, 02:15:44 AM
Totally jealous! Enviro on the top? That is one smooth pedal,if you never even play it, it is just awesome.
Thanks! It is an Enviro type bar top lacquer on top. The brand is Famowood-Glaze Coat High Gloss Finish.
I go wild with the extra every time I finish a pedal with it. Running around the house looking for stuff to lacquer to stuff. Speaking of lacquer my wife just showed me this.
Apparently this is an old Japanese art form. Pretty amazing.
Thanks to the rest of you too! I need to figure out a better way to do water slide decals on dark background. I have to mask off the face, paint it white then apply the decal which gives me an awkward border. Would the white background decals fix this issue?

jimilee

That dude has a serious goldfish fetish and Hell yeah lowes carries that glaze. I'm going to use it on all of my next builds.  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Quote from: jimilee on May 30, 2013, 10:08:58 PM
That dude has a serious goldfish fetish and Hell yeah lowes carries that glaze. I'm going to use it on all of my next builds.  ;D
Yep, Lowe's. Maybe he can't paint anything else that well. Just gold fish. I'd like to see a big tub full of drowning cats. Painted in lacquer of course not for real.

billstein

Quote from: sonarchotic on May 30, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
I need to figure out a better way to do water slide decals on dark background. I have to mask off the face, paint it white then apply the decal which gives me an awkward border. Would the white background decals fix this issue?

There is a way to get white. Rather than hijack your build report I started a new thread that I hope will be helpful.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=10026.0

jimilee

Quote from: sonarchotic on May 30, 2013, 10:40:08 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 30, 2013, 10:08:58 PM
Yep, Lowe's. Maybe he can't paint anything else that well. Just gold fish. I'd like to see a big tub full of drowning cats. Painted in lacquer of course not for real.
drowning cats, that's funny