News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag current requirements?

Started by jkokura, November 24, 2011, 03:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Anyone know how many MAs the Dirtbag requires? I'm planning on running an MN3005 (I hope) version with a Road Rage, and I want to know if I'll need an LT1054 over a TC1044.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

djaaz

Silly questions:

I plan to use a road rage for the dirtbag deluxe.
I ordered the current lover and plan to use a mn3007 with it.

If my understand is correct, the current lover will require a 15v dc as well with the mn3007, so should i order a road rage or use a 15vdc power supply?

And then, why not using the same power supply to run the dirtbag deluxe (assuming my mn3005 are not fakes)

madbean

The Current Lover does not require 15v for operation. You CAN use up to 15v regulated if you are building the MN3007 version. But, it will also work fine at 9v and 12v.

You could use one 15v power supply to power both effects, provided it delivers enough mA. A well regulated 15vDC supply rated at 200mA would be sufficient for both effects.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on November 25, 2011, 01:02:05 AM
You could use one 15v power supply to power both effects, provided it delivers enough mA. A well regulated 15vDC supply rated at 200mA would be sufficient for both effects.

I'm looking at the datasheet for the LT1054 and trying to understand this a little better. It says the output current is 100ma but that could be the wrong thing. I also see a max switching current that says 300ma..Wanna make sure the LT1054 will run both, or if there is a better choice?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was suggesting one wall-wart type 15vDC regulated supply daisy-chained to power both effects and rated at 200mA.

A single Charge Pump config with the LT1054 MAY be enough for both, but you'd have to dig up the current draws on each to know for sure in advance.