News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller and Taptation Mod board?

Started by Geosh, October 29, 2012, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geosh

I am planning on a couple new builds in the next couple weeks including a Smoothie and a Cave Dweller. I also have a Taptation Mod board coming and I am wondering if I should integrate it into the Cave Dweller, or hold on to it for a more filtered delay build like a Deep Blue Delay, or maybe one of Bean's new builds?

Also, if I did integrate the Taptation board, it would replace both R-11 and the TIME pot correct, and connect straight to pin-6 of the PT2399 chip?

jkokura

So others know, can integrate the taptation into the Cave Dweller. Yes, you would do is keep R11 and the Time pot off your Cave Dweller PCB, and then you'd connect the pin 6 connection of the Taptation to the Pin 6 side of R11 on the Cave Dweller.

As to whether you should... I haven't tried it with the Cave Dweller yet, so I'd be interested in hearing it. With a DBD type deal, it sounds fantastic!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

I would recommend doing it with something more like the DBD or Echobase. I did tap tempo with my own Echobase (different tap tempo chip) and it worked out great.

The best fit is either the DBD or Rebote, IMO because you also get modulation with Taptation, whereas this is already present on the Echobase.

jkokura

Quote from: madbean on October 29, 2012, 09:33:26 PM
The best fit is either the DBD or Rebote, IMO because you also get modulation with Taptation, whereas this is already present on the Echobase.

Agreed.

I should note that I'm working on a 'how to implement your taptation' document. It'll describe how to include any version of the taptation with many popular Delay PCBs including the Cave Dweller, Rebote 2.5, Echo Base, PT80, and the Delay I'm releasing.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Geosh

You have an ETA on your delay? Just curious.

jkokura

It's in the next batch. I have a bunch of boards that have issues that I may sell for cheap. Requires a wire on the bottom to connect VB...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

LaceSensor

I'd like to make my own tap tempo delay sometime.
I'd be up for one of those beta boards too, Jacob

pk1802

Quote from: jkokura on October 29, 2012, 09:53:17 PM
It's in the next batch. I have a bunch of boards that have issues that I may sell for cheap. Requires a wire on the bottom to connect VB...

Jacob

I'd be down for a protoboard. Wires on the bottom of a board make things look sexier anyways.