News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SPARKLEHORN volume problem

Started by cachantunazo, February 26, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cachantunazo

hi im new here  two weeks ago i did the sparklehorn but i have a problem with volume its very low.... was thinking is normal in this pedal ¿?¿? here some pictures im gonna put some audio late thanks

jkokura

Low volume usually indicates either an incorrect or backwards part, or potentially a cold solder joint. Have you gone through your board double checking values on parts? Have you reflowed any suspect solder joints?

What are you voltages?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cachantunazo

well i recorded a video first the amp clean   volume increases at end of the pot is very low is normal ¿?¿?¿? the a put on the amp with gain and dirtortion and the volume increases a litle in the heard in the video is cool but a feel it very poor... ¿?¿?

http://youtu.be/RO96YLy_CbI

jkokura

I think it sounds like it should.

What precisely are you saying is wrong?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cachantunazo

hi i want to increase the volume i saw that putting  a larger resistor in the second gain stage. excuse me but where is the second gain stage? o where  is the resistor that  i have to change? for increase the volumen please help me thanks

madbean

Thing is, increasing the gain of stage two might affect the tone control a bit, so I'm not sure that is the way to go.

Here's what I suggest. Socket both R5 and R8. First try a smaller value in R5 (say 5k1 or close to that) with R8 staying as 47k. This should increase the output some. If that doesn't work for you, leave R5 as 10k and increase R8 to a value between 68k-100k.