News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SWAW (the Thigh Hat)

Started by sgmezei, October 06, 2011, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

I try to only post Bean projects here but this one turned out so awesome I have to share. This is a SWAW from Barry over at gtrpcb. It is an AutoWah, and it is Awesome.

"How many songs that we play have an autowah?" asks the singer

"They all do now."

rullywowr

Quote from: sgmezei on October 06, 2011, 08:30:04 PM

"How many songs that we play have an autowah?" asks the singer

"They all do now."

Hahahahhahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

slimtriggers

That's great, man!  I've got one of those boards I'm looking forward to building up 8)  I love autowah, too!

Haberdasher

I just built one of these too, but it was a layout I found on fsb.  Fired right up the first time, and I agree it is fantastic!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

Killer stuff, Scott! I love the look and your quote seals the deal :)

nzCdog

Great work!  Very tidy, and cool project!

sgmezei

Hahahaa thanks guys. And yes, the quote is good. I actually got it from a drummer. Works for any instruments really. The drummer one was "how many songs have a china cymbal in them?", all of them hahahaha

Thanks for the support. I was stoked how the neon roses turned out.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I really like how all the colors flow together...it just caught me for a good half a minute.  :) The rest looks very top notch!
I've only heard great things about this auto-wah, and continue to hear more. The last AW I built disappointed me very much..
How do you get away with such dirty names like that?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

Very nice build,  looks sweet.

Is that a drilling jig in the background of the first pic? If so does it work well?
Pcbs no longer available

sgmezei

Not a drilling jig but a template to keep stuff somewhat in order if I am working on an enclosure. The cloth thing I do takes a bit of time so while I am doing that sometimes I just put the pots and switch in there.

Doesn't work all that well but it was just a scrap piece of wood I drilled some holes in.