News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag DLX3 PCB LAYOUT

Started by hukenny, July 16, 2014, 03:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hukenny

Hello,

I'm looking for the Dirtbag DLX3 PCB LAYOUT (Deluxe Memory man EH), and the circuit schematic too.

Anyone can help me?

BR.

Hukenny

pickdropper

I don't think that PCB has been released yet.

If you are looking for an etched layout, Brian will have to chime in on whether or not there will even be one.  I don't think he made one for the first Dirtbag Deluxe.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hukenny

Thank you,

the .JPG layout it will be ok.

I'll make the pcb by myself.

I'm looking for the schematic too, anyone can link it to me?

madbean

The schematic will be available when the project is released. There won't be an etchable layout for it, unfortunately.

handlefras

Brian, are you able to make any comment on the changes to the future DLX3 layout vs the older Dirtbag design? I have built the Dirtbag on your pcb with 4x MN3008s @ 15V but when A/Bing it to my big box DMM have never really got it as close as i would like. This could be to do with biasing or any number of other issues, but I'm wondering if you have any suggested mods that I could try now, before the DLX3 project release? Mostly, I'm concerned with the repeats distorting (almost pitch shifting) quite badly after about the third repeat.

Should I just bypass the Road Rage and run this thing @ 18V to achieve more headroom?

Thanks

mattlee0037

You can run part of the circuit at 18v but I believe there is a regulator to capthevoltage at 15 as that is as high as the BBDs will operate at

handlefras

Yeah, you're right, in the DMM schem there is a regulator. No point going above 15V then. But does it make a difference if you are below 15V? My Road Rage is supplying 14.8V at the moment.

On another note, does anyone know if you can bias the BBDs with a multimeter (no scope here) i.e measure the voltage on input and output pins and bias both BBDs so these voltages are equal? Or am I talking rubbish here?

Scruffie

Quote from: handlefras on July 19, 2014, 08:43:55 AM
Yeah, you're right, in the DMM schem there is a regulator. No point going above 15V then. But does it make a difference if you are below 15V? My Road Rage is supplying 14.8V at the moment.

On another note, does anyone know if you can bias the BBDs with a multimeter (no scope here) i.e measure the voltage on input and output pins and bias both BBDs so these voltages are equal? Or am I talking rubbish here?
Don't work that way, every BBD has an individual optimal bias point, voltage will only get you in a ball park.

Use an audio probe instead.
Works at Lectric-FX