News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else having issues with Mammoth electronics?

Started by fish22, February 15, 2013, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish22

The last couple of my orders from mammoth I haven't been very pleased with.
I can order stuff from PPP and mouser and get them in in 2 days. I live 50 minutes from Mammoth and it takes about 9-10 days to get 10-15 small parts. Just wondering if anyone has had any of the same issues?
Maybe I need to be more patient.  ???
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

GermanCdn

I think Blake has been doing a pretty good job, I ordered 21 enclosures from him on Wednesday and they're already shipped.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

fish22

I'm not bashing Blake. He is running a great business.
Im asking if anyone else is having the same slow processing/shipping as I've had the last two orders.
last time it took nearly 2 weeks to make it 50 minutes to my house.
This time I ordered some caps, knobs, & a switch 8 days ago and it hasn't shipped.
Just seems weird.  
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

jkokura

My last order from Mammoth came more quickly than the average. But I'm in Canada, and I expect long waits.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

If you're using paypal and the eCheck option they'd be waiting for payment to clear before processing an order.  Not sure if that applies in this case or not.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

my only issue with them is, in the 7 or 8 orders I've placed with them, they've never gotten one of them right all the way through; not even once.  every single time I make an order I have to email blake.  they have always made it right in the end, but I have to say it's pretty aggravating.

but i still go back to buy pots and such, so I must like the store.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

DutchMF

I've only ordered once from Mammoth, when they offered free shipping just before Black Friday. Believe it or not, I still haven't received my package!! For some reason or other, my shipment was returned to sender, so now they've re-shipped it. Don't think they are to blame, and their customer service is super friendly and quick to reply, but it still is a bummer! Think of it: that package is going 3 times across the ocean!!! (I'm from The Netherlands) I hope it arrives before the closing date of the February build comp, as it contains the pots I need to finish my entry.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pryde

Normally I have had pretty good luck but my last 3 orders were missing items. Like Haberdasher above, they make it right but it takes several emails. (Currently waiting for knobs that did not ship with order with no explaination?)

I like the store interface alot but may pull the plug...still undecided  ???

pickdropper

Same as Haberdasher.  More times than not, there has been a problem with my order.  Blake is a nice guy and fixes it, but it's an unnecessary hassle.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

The last batch of enclosures I ordered from them (pre-painted) came pretty quick and were in good shape. But, there were no screws included. Not a big deal since I have tons of extras but that was a pretty obvious omission!

Haberdasher

Quote from: madbean on February 15, 2013, 09:38:51 PM
The last batch of enclosures I ordered from them (pre-painted) came pretty quick and were in good shape. But, there were no screws included. Not a big deal since I have tons of extras but that was a pretty obvious omission!
that exact thing happened to me but I didn't have extra screws, lol
oh, that reminds me- I really liked the new military green finish they have there now.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Stomptown

I had some major problems with them during the holiday season. One order took about three weeks to arrive and that was after I emailed them and they finally sent it next day air. They seemed a bit overwhelmed with all of the orders coming in. They apparently have a new manager who was in the transition on changing some things and my last couple orders have been much better. He also gave me his personal email and told me to email him personally with any issues, which was cool. I think it comes down to the fact that many of out parts sources and smaller companies and things like this happen from time to time...

pedalman

I love the store, easy to navigate & good selection. But the last 2 orders took over a week just to depart the store. Little bit of a hastle when im a week out on delivery time. I havnt been able to find a good west coast pedal parts store. In fact my last order was placed at the same time as a Small Bear order, I got Small Bears order in my hand the day Mammoths left the shop. Nothing on the order was a wait item.
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

sclemmer

I've had several issues with them over the past year and I've ordered A LOT of stuff from them. Things like ordering a bunch of 1n caps and then receiving a bag full of 10n caps instead. Invoice clearly says 1n. Also, ordering all Switchcraft jacks and then getting all Neutrik jacks: the Neutrik jacks are fine but there is a 60 cent price difference. Again, invoice clearly listed them as Switchcraft. Just a lot of little things like that. I've never complained as I didn't want the hassle.
At this point I just order everything from Mouser. I've put in huge orders with them sometimes within 15-20 minutes of their 8PM shipping cutoff and the stuff still goes out that same night and I have it next day, (I'm in Texas).
If Mouser would carry PCB mount pots I wouldn't need to order from anywhere else other than special stuff from Smallbear that no one else really has. (Never had issues with Smallbear and their order processing is getting a little faster).
And BTW, www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com. This guy doesn't play around with his orders.

madbean

Quote from: sclemmer on February 16, 2013, 10:41:25 AM
And BTW, www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com. This guy doesn't play around with his orders.

I was a little disappointed with my recent order of DC jacks--it's shipping 1st Class even though the shipping cost is equivalent to Priority. Considering you can get the Priority boxes for free from USPS it doesn't make sense.