News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover (Deluxe Electric Mistress)

Started by LaceSensor, December 23, 2011, 10:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Built my Electric Mistress today. Took about 6 hours
Fired up first time - this is the MN3007, running at 9v.

For the enclosure, my printer is seriously screwing up my regular inkjet decals, so I tried a toner transfer as a screenprint homage. It looks really cool I think! Its not a perfect transfer, so it has that beat up 70s EH vibe and I am pretty happy with it!

Shoehorning all that action into a 125b is a task, and I went for a slightly different method than suggested in the BOM. Probably got some tweaking to do but I can get a really nice selection of flangey tones from this.

Thanks for the awesome project!

Happy holiday building, team  :D

tagwap

WOW! That looks great. It really does look retro. Awesome job. Happy Christmas!

Loztboy

Awsome!
I'm going to build the dirtbag and lover really soon too :)

lloyd17

Wow nice work lace. I am still trying to decide between building up a meatball or dem this weekend and this just makes things harder!

mysticwhiskey

Good stuff!  Looks great.  I've got my shopping list almost compiled to tackle this one, and a couple of other pedals.

slimtriggers

LaceSensor

Cheers guys.
The meatsphere is odd. I'm not sure mine woks or if it's just the idiosyncratic controls.
The dem is a harder build but nicer effect, while the current lover is the easy build and more instantly gratifying.
The meatsphere is a super simple build for the pcb, getting it in a box less so. Need perfect drilling. And a bigger than standard box....1790 ns in the states I think...

LaceSensor

Quote from: mysticwhiskey on December 24, 2011, 01:31:57 AM
Good stuff!  Looks great.  I've got my shopping list almost compiled to tackle this one, and a couple of other pedals.

Yeah it has number off odd resistor values. I even did two teepee resistors but what the heck.
Also on the underside of the board I have

33n with a 6n8 parallel for the 39n and
22n with a 47n parallel for the 68n incase any keen eyes spotted the incorrect values on board.
22pF was a mica just cos I had one laying about. I'm sure ceramic is fine.

juansolo

Awesome, love the finish.

I've built mine. It's currently in a cardboard box along with about another 8 builds, all waiting enclosures...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

Oh yeah I couldnt find a C1M so used B1M but I recommend holding out for the C if you want control over the fast sweeps. For me I dont really use them, so its fine.

Looking forward to see other builds.

If anyone wants it here is my graphic.

marmaliser

Looks great.  I am just waiting on a few resistors before I can finish mine up.  Mine just snag your decal .. thanks  :)

LaceSensor

Quote from: marmaliser on December 24, 2011, 11:01:05 AM
Looks great.  I am just waiting on a few resistors before I can finish mine up.  Mine just snag your decal .. thanks  :)
Cheers.
I didnt bother waiting on the 1M2 and 62k which were the ones I was missing.
Just a note on the decal it will be misaligned if you do the drilling like Brian suggests.

LaceSensor

Tweaked the clock this thing sounds goooood

marmaliser

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 24, 2011, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: marmaliser on December 24, 2011, 11:01:05 AM
Cheers.
Just a note on the decal it will be misaligned if you do the drilling like Brian suggests.
Thanks for pointing that out.  I tend to drill mine first and then scan in the box so I can make my decals fit so hopefully I would have noticed but ya never know  :D

LaceSensor

that sounds like a damn good idea. Ima try that next time out. Save a lot of measuring etc.