News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead

Started by geekmacdaddy, September 05, 2012, 02:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekmacdaddy

Yes, I know. WTF is up with all the "glory holes"? This started as a magnus modulus enclosure and worked its way through dipthonizer (on the orig style huge boards) to whatever. Now that we've got that out of the way, this thing sounds so awesome, it will NEVER leave my pedalboard. Brian, what are your tweaks vs the neo? Whatever it is, YES!!! Thanks Madbean for being Madbean.

soundclip here;

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87086401/Warhead.mp3

monkeyssj1

the holes actually look pretty cool haha. reminiscent of space somehow... or the moon?

madbean

You should totally put LEDs in all those holes!

fish22

amp jewel lights/LEDs in the holes! or put some LEDs inside the enclosure so the light comes out of the holes.
That would look awesome on stage!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

gtr2

At least you had plenty of options for knob placement  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

geekmacdaddy

I bask in the naked glory, of the hole. No amp jewel lamp, no LED shall brighten this mutilated beauty.  :)

Did anyone listen to the clip? Things sounds like a bit of heaven to me.

LaceSensor

IT sounds very nice
What LDRs did you use?

Thats the only thing holding me up building one of these, that at the c100k dual pot.
cant get either in the UK that I can find easily...

icecycle66

If i lived near you I would sneak in and rearrange your pots every once in a while.

bigrigg

Quote from: LaceSensor on September 05, 2012, 10:42:48 PM
IT sounds very nice
What LDRs did you use?

Thats the only thing holding me up building one of these, that at the c100k dual pot.
cant get either in the UK that I can find easily...

I will ship you one for just reasonable shipping fees if you like mate?

snz728

Loving the clip.  Can't wait for beans new univibe

bigrigg

Nice sound clip.  Just finished my warhead last week.  Thanks for the clip.

slimtriggers

Looks like spider eyes  :o  Sounds awesome!

geekmacdaddy

Quote from: LaceSensor on September 05, 2012, 10:42:48 PM
IT sounds very nice
What LDRs did you use?

Sorry, I don't know. I picked some up on ebay a few years ago, and found them in a bin.

Quote from: icecycle66 on September 05, 2012, 10:49:59 PM
If i lived near you I would sneak in and rearrange your pots every once in a while.

Hahahahaha!!

Quote from: snz728 on September 05, 2012, 11:37:16 PM
Loving the clip.  Can't wait for beans new univibe

Thanks! What will be new about it? What is different about this one from the Neovibe? I remember Brian saying something about this being his preferred tweaks?

Quote from: bigrigg on September 05, 2012, 11:39:42 PM
Nice sound clip.  Just finished my warhead last week.  Thanks for the clip.

Thanks. I had the intensity turned up all the way in that clip. It sounds real nice as well, when you back off a bit. Congrats on your build. Hope you feel as I do about this great pedal.

Quote from: slimtriggers on September 06, 2012, 12:47:55 AM
Looks like spider eyes  :o  Sounds awesome!

Hahaa! Thanks. I like that!

madbean

Not to derail but since it was brought up, the 2012 Warhead will have a switchable input buffer similar to the Mojovibe and most likely utilize the vactrol trick so you can use a single ganged 100kB speed control. Actually, this is pretty much finished except I was having trouble getting the rate down to the speed I want. Typcial of me, I put it aside to work on something else....I will get back to it soon, though. It's pretty much a combination of a traditional univibe, with elements of the Mojo and Forum vibe thrown in.

BTW: geek--that clip is fantastic. That's one of the nicest sounding DIY vibes I've heard--even better than my build of the Warhead!

gtr2

Quote from: madbean on September 06, 2012, 02:47:00 PM
BTW: geek--that clip is fantastic. That's one of the nicest sounding DIY vibes I've heard--even better than my build of the Warhead!

Then you need more "glory holes"
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer