News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Morning Glories - Aion Cerulean

Started by Jabulani Jonny, February 18, 2014, 03:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

Here are three Aion Cerulean boards built to Morning Glory specs.  Really just excellent boards and build docs.  He packs a ton of options on this board, either to build a stock Bluesbreaker, a King of Tone or a Morning Glory, complete with a couple of clipping options.  The pads for the clipping options are six pads per side, to make it easy to incorporate tranny clipping or diodes in series.  Anyway, a great board all the way around. 

These, along with the 4 Klones up next, are my first envirotex finishes.  Man I really like how these turned out.  It definitely took some babysitting for about a couple of hours, but once they firm up and you're not getting any running, they do turn out nice. 

As far as the pedal goes, I was looking for something different from the BYOC OD2 (TS 808), Klone and BYOC Large Beaver I have on the pedalboard, and boy is it.  There is a lot more presence in this pedal, and you can dial in even more with the internal trimmer on the board.  The Bright Cut switch helps and I like the inclusion of a Less option for finding the right balance with the Tone knob. 

For the clipping options I went with the 4148's in series for the Morning Glory and then i went with the 2N7000 & 1N34A combo, like the Zendrive, for the second clipping option.  I really like the Zen option.  That'll probably be the setting I keep it on. 

Next up I've four Klones to build for a few buddies.  Oh and I'm keeping the one in the middle, while one is going to a buddy in Birmingham who loves his treble drives and the other to a friend from church that I play with. 

morning glories-1 by Jonathan Payne, on Flickr

morning glories-2 by Jonathan Payne, on Flickr
Jonathan

jimilee

Those are great looking builds. And good on you for building for friends, I really enjoy doing that now. My guitar player can make them sound way better than I can for sure.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Those came out super nice!

Are the sides done as well or like in the tutorial only the tops. If the sides were done how smooth does the epoxy sit on them, did you have to manipulate it in any way to get flat?

Great job!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: davent on February 18, 2014, 03:58:31 AM
Those came out super nice!

Are the sides done as well or like in the tutorial only the tops. If the sides were done how smooth does the epoxy sit on them, did you have to manipulate it in any way to get flat?

Great job!
dave

Just the tops Dave. I read about too many issues with doing the sides and most of the pedals I got from PPP were pretty high gloss as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

hoodoo

Nice work mate, graphic came out great and, we have another enviro convertee. I love enviro, i'll never spray another clear coat again  :)

bcalla

Hexjibber

Kinki fuzz

selfdestroyer

They came out great. I love the graphic you ended up using as it looks pro.

Cody

blearyeyes

Jabulani Jonny

Thanks guys!  They sound good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan