News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clomipramine (OCD Clone)

Started by selfdestroyer, February 17, 2014, 12:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Built myself a EgoDriver and battled with the enclosure but the results are growing on me.

Heres what happend. It stated as a light baby blue but you were unable to see the etch due to the color contrast and I did not want to paint the etched area. So I shot it with metallic blue but it wore through even with just 1000 grit wet sandpaper. So instead of risking sanding the etch away I decided to keep it with the worn look.

I LOVE this pedal and instantly stuck it on my board. I missed the OCD train and wish I never waited this long to play with one. I used my SG with Burstbuckers and it sounds great. I find myself switching between the red LEDs and the MOSFET clipping and decided to keep them both. It was a tight little build due to both switches but worth the trouble.

Cody

billstein

I think that looks great. Is that an etched faceplate or box?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: billstein on February 17, 2014, 12:38:12 AM
I think that looks great. Is that an etched faceplate or box?

Thanks, its an etched box.

hoodoo

Slightly ironic that your OCD is flawed, don't ya think ;) in a good way of course :)

jimilee

That looks great. Always, if you can't fix it to perfection, go completely the opposite way! We cal it antiqued round these parts.  :-p
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gjcamann

Quote from: hoodoo on February 17, 2014, 03:28:36 AM
Slightly ironic that your OCD is flawed, don't ya think ;) in a good way of course :)
Nice.

For others that thought they've missed the OCD train, there is the nanoDriver project over at OSHPark if you don't feel like etching.
http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/XagznDR1

timbo_93631

Looks good Cody, but those worn through distressed paint finishes are as played out as mojo carbon comp CLR's.   :P

^above comment made with tongue firmly in cheek
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bcalla

Just what the doctor ordered.   :)

slimtriggers

Quote from: hoodoo on February 17, 2014, 03:28:36 AM

This made me LOL.  That's a good looking pedal, anyway.

m-Kresol

As a chemist, I'm obliged to love this. Well done. Lovely art and it's chemically correct ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

stevie1556

That box looks great! I think . It turned out excellent!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

LaceSensor

really like the look of that. congrats

das234

Looks good in the photos.  And the 200mg dosage ought to fix it right up!

rullywowr

I really like the way it turned out.  Reminds me of the video game Assassin's Creed...where the protagonist goes into dream space before being transported back in time.  Excellent cloudy blue there and the etch is stunning.  Kudos for the etched 3PDT as well. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Kinki fuzz

Love the finish!
And yes the OCD is an interesting project, my build report will be coming soon, not as nice looking I'm afraid!