News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by jimilee, February 08, 2024, 08:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Got myself another Les Paul. Never had one with P90s. So far, they're great. Sam Ash has them on their Reverb store $500 off. Finally got my college graduation gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

That is one classy looking guitar. Very nice

madbean

Sweet! Nothing ever goes wrong with P90's!

jessenator

lars

Goldtop LP with P90's = timeless classic.

derevaun

Whoah, that scratches a lot of itches.

peterc

Aaaah, goldtops make me weak at the knees. That is one beautiful guitar.
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

jimilee

Thanks guys, I'm loving it. It's my third gold top and my second Gibson gold top. Got an LTD with DiMarzio anniversary pickups.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Doorlord

jjjimi84

You are giving me gas with that beauty! Nice grab!

blearyeyes

Perfect Les Paul... P90s and a Gold Top. You are now considered complete.

Until future GAS attack....

jimilee

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 11, 2024, 02:14:33 AM
Perfect Les Paul... P90s and a Gold Top. You are now considered complete.

Until future GAS attack....
It's a perpetual state of being for me.

gordo

I had, if memory serves (sketchy lately) a 68 Deluxe gold top that had the mini humbuckers.  Back then everyone routed them out and installed humbuckers.  Stupid mistake but I was the second owner.  The body was intended to house P90's but Gibson's workaround was the trim ring and mini-humbuckers.  Those guitars had a sound of their own.

I'd kill to have that guitar back, even in it's routed form.  At the time it was the last of the mahogany necks before they switched to maple.  Maple????
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on February 11, 2024, 09:56:43 PM
I had, if memory serves (sketchy lately) a 68 Deluxe gold top that had the mini humbuckers.  Back then everyone routed them out and installed humbuckers.  Stupid mistake but I was the second owner.  The body was intended to house P90's but Gibson's workaround was the trim ring and mini-humbuckers.  Those guitars had a sound of their own.

I'd kill to have that guitar back, even in it's routed form.  At the time it was the last of the mahogany necks before they switched to maple.  Maple????
Right?!! I'm thinking about a birth year Les Paul, now. A '71 deluxe with mini humbuckers, I think, maybe.

gordo

I live vicariously through you my man.  If you can, then do it brother.  I hit this weird thing where I found my Yamaha Ty Tabor and the other guitar player in the band said exactly what I thought: " I think you finally found your voice!"  I think I've landed but will reserve the right to gas none the less.

It's weird though, I've chased the dragon for almost 50 years and I may have finally caught him.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?