News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

green bean, ego, pork barrel type of cap....

Started by Donniedarkoz, November 22, 2012, 12:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donniedarkoz

hello I bought the pcb for these projects, I wanted to know what type of capacitor can be used for the smoothie in c1-c7, c9 are OK polyester? polypropylene? which do you recommend?
same thing (excluding the various electrolytic and tantallum) for the ego small bean and bork barrel
I live in Italy and usually ordered by banzai (wima, STMicroelectronics, panasonic)
for many capacitors I found tolerances 10% are fine?
in smoothie
smoothie in the transistors must be the same regardless of the hfe value? right?
thx :)

GermanCdn

As far as the transistors go, Banzai sells matched sets of 2N5952, use those for the smoothie, just remember their pinout is different.

http://www.banzaimusic.com/2N5952-matched-transistors.html

The WIMA box caps are fine from Banzai for the Ego/Green Bean/Pork Barrel.  I'd stay away from the "Greenie" poly caps just because they're usually a little too big for the pcbs when you get past 100 nF.

You might also want to check out musikding.de, typically they're parts prices and shipping prices are a little bit better than Banzai.

Have fun,

Curtis
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

You can also get a matched pair of 2N5952s from me, and I will ship to Italy. I match very closely.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Donniedarkoz

send me a msg in private, have you ever tried to use the orange drop 225P in a muff, I will ... OMG!! I also changed the ceramic capacitors with silver mica ... great result!