News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New PS1A build

Started by juansolo, February 13, 2022, 12:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

I vaguely recall cutting those notches on discarded adware and junkware disks so that we could record over them.

juansolo

Quote from: artstomp on February 16, 2022, 12:56:51 PM
Interesting build as always by Juansolo...did you use radio button type switching on the PS1A build?

That was something we were considering back in the day when we were thinking of doing an all in one board for Grind. It would have required some logic to work right (maintaining it as a TB circuit), but it would have been fun to work out. as it is, the right hand stomp turns the effect on and off and does so at slow speed. Adding the middle button ramps up to mid speed, adding the left button ramps up to fast. It's speeds roughly match that of a leslie speaker. Sounds really good.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: Aentons on February 16, 2022, 04:40:40 PM
It's funny this was brought up. I just dug out my C64 from when I was a kid and it's been sitting on the dining room table because I couldn't find the power adapter just yet.

Test your adapter when you do... C64 adapters are a bit notorious now they're getting some age on them. They're +9VAC and +5VDC. If they let go, they kill the computer. There are a couple of options, build a newer/better PSU or get something like a C64 saver from Bwack on YouTube (just PM him), which goes inbetween and if they PSU goes pop, it prevents it from popping the computer.

There are a few old computers that are iffy when it comes to power. The BBC Micro is another. It has RIFA caps in them that are notorious for cracking over time. Almost all of them have and if you power it up before checking, like the C64, it toasts the machine.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk