News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tiger Muff

Started by thesameage, June 03, 2014, 12:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Built this for a buddy for his birthday. It started out as a Civil War Muff on an old Gruntbox board with some substitutions. Yesterday, I was looking at my notes and realized that everything I subbed in actually made it a Green Russian Muff. Sounds awesome. Stamp is from Jackbear on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/jackbear). He did it custom... totally worth contacting him if you have something in mind. Doesn't show up so well on a blue enclosure but I like that it's ghosted a little.

Very complicated method for the back decals... my daughter's proprietary technique.

I put in a bunch of stuff backwards on the first try-- pretty much anything that was polarized went in backwards. Hadn't built anything in a while and was not paying attention! Lesson learned.

Enclosure is an old Toadworks second from a while back that I had in my stash. Not a pristine look, but not meant to be either.

catfud

Nice look! Especially like the back decals :)

muddyfox

Very cool! I was actually considering letting my little one go wild on a 1790NS with her Winx and Hello Kitty stickers. Now that I have a proof of concept here, I think I just might do it!  ;D

thesameage

Let her at it! I just told her not to touch the face.

My daughter is friends with my buddy's daughter and we all hang out a lot and she really likes my friend. So, it was meaningful all around that she got a chance to work on the present. My 2 year old son had some input as well.