News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall MN3005

Started by claytushaywood, February 25, 2016, 04:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

Where are people sourcing their mn3005's these days?  any ebay seller with good results?  people doin the mn3008 route?  any good prices and good sellers of those? (not tryin to pay $20 a pop from smallbear)

slacker775

I was fortunate enough to get in fairly early on chromospheres deal in Xvives.   I'm not sure if Xvive has managed to produce another batch to finally fill out the rest of those orders.  The going rate even on the Xvives is pretty close to $20 so if you think you will pay substantially less, your just looking to get some fakes out of a Chinese seller.  I e bought some chips from Cabintech on eBay (they've been known to hawk their wares here without any contribution) and that's been fine.  They might still have some Xvives but they will be around $20

claytushaywood

I was referring to mn3008's when i said i didnt want to pay $20 a piece.  I searched for the ebay seller cabintech and its showing an ebay profile with only 3 reviews.  Do you have a link to this ebay seller's store?  Or maybe a different seller id? 

I realize a lot of people got into the xvives.

ANYONE OUT THERE BUY MN3005's off ebay somewhat recently?  or know where to get the xvives?

jball85

I've been wondering the same...

I'm eventually just going to buy the Xvive chips. I just hate the fact that there is an unknown wait time for the chips. I kept watching the last release get pushed back, unless I have that wrong.

slacker775

No, you have that pretty much spot-on.  Those delays are much worse than if they just said that it'd be 6 months.

daleykd

I bought direct from CabinTech.  Great communication and the XVive 3005s seem to work great.  Had I bought from their eBay store, I would have left a great A+++.

MacHeath

I just ordered the xvive mn3005's from cabintech too. They expect to ship them in April. We'll see...

alanp

I was in the synthcube group order. I got fed up with the constant postponing and pulled out.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

daleykd

Quote from: MacHeath on February 26, 2016, 10:13:59 PM
I just ordered the xvive mn3005's from cabintech too. They expect to ship them in April. We'll see...
FWIW, the guy from Cabintech gave constant updates if things were delayed.  When I finally got an email indicating that they had the ICs, I received them shortly after.  IMHO, very reputable.

Scruffie

To those complaining of delays, remember under a year ago 2 x MN3005 could cost you over $100 and would cost you uncertainty.

While this dry spell continues, i'd still go with Diyguitarpedals as long as he's still accepting orders, it's AUS dollars so cheaper than it looks at first glance, supports a respected forum member and there's no reason to believe others will get their orders filled before him (and he also stocks tested MN3008 at a very fair price).

Just my 2c in to this on going topic.
Works at Lectric-FX

Orbis_Ignis

I ordered 2 from cabintech. I hope they come through. I guess should order a couple more from diyguitarpedals, since I have an aquaboy and a total recall to build

chromesphere

Thanks Scruffie for the vote of confidence.  I have been updated on the bbd pre-order, apparently "late march" is the new availability.  Of course with the constant delays from Xvive I cant guarantee I will actually have them on that date but of course I am hopeful and have been pretty firm with them this time around.  We have waited long enough.  I'm no longer taking any pre-orders due to the uncertainty of stock, but there will be some excess stock once it arrives which will be available on a first in best dressed basis.  We are all in the same boat I'm afraid to say, whether it be cabintech, diyguitarpedals etc, I don't believe anyone is getting these chips any faster then anyone else.  Here's hoping for March!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Scruffie on February 28, 2016, 12:57:37 AM
To those complaining of delays, remember under a year ago 2 x MN3005 could cost you over $100 and would cost you uncertainty

I'll second that. I got lucky off and on but I was sweating it out the whole time and it was quite a hit to the wallet.
John

sdb guitars

Has anyone tried using the expansion board with 4x MN3005s? I know it wouldn't be cheap, but shouldn't that get you close to 1000ms of nice clean analog delay?
SDB Guitars - turning exotic woods into sawdust and fireplace scraps since 2001
Luthier, SDB Guitars - http://www.facebook.com/sdbguitars