News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

old GPCB build doc perchance - Squishy Octopus

Started by jessenator, April 30, 2024, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

I recently got a v1 (not v1.1) squishy octopus PCB from a pif courtesy of Barry and was wondering if anyone had the original v1 build doc for it. The v1.1 is still up, but the BOM and board layout appear to have differences. Didn't get anywhere on the wayback machine.

I'm not familiar with GPCB's builds in general, so I don't feel like winging it. If someone knows I don't need it, I'd appreciate a sanity check/direction.

Shout out to Brian for keeping a dedicated archive of everything he's ever made in easy-to-find locations  8)

jimilee

I do not have it in all the docs he sent me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Quote from: jimilee on April 30, 2024, 05:17:00 PMI do not have it in all the docs he sent me.

No worries. Who knows, it might be minor, but I'm determined to not muck it up and my obsession is getting the better of me.

jessenator

Looks like it's two additional caps...

If the component numbering is consistent, then it shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that's the case, anyway.

jimilee

Oh yeah, I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

storyboardist

Just from peeking at the schematic I'd say C8-9 were added to add a little filtering. Should be fine to just omit them in your build. Or you can add them piggy-back to R4 and R2 respectively.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

jessenator

Quote from: storyboardist on May 02, 2024, 06:18:56 PMJust from peeking at the schematic I'd say C8-9 we added to add little filtering. Should be fine to just omit them in your build. Or you can add them piggy-back to R4 and R2 respectively.

Awesome, thanks for for the clarification!